I Blame his Food - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I Blame his Food

Ozzy. Has so. Much. Energy.

Today is the first day I think I've ACTUALLY worn him out. Took him on a walk this morning for about 45 minutes. Got home and went to the park and played fetch with him and Sania. (Went better than I thought it would - he only growled at him once for getting near her ball). Sania was done after about 10 minutes. NOT HIM. The only reason we went in was because it was starting to rain. We were out there playing fetch for about 20 minutes and he was chasing his ball the ENTIRE TIME.

Took him on another walk for about an hour. Then came home, played some more fetch. After a good 30 minutes of fetch, he was FINALLY getting tired. Right now he's sitting next to me, watching me type.

If we could bottle up his energy, we could save the world. Sheesh. I can only imagine how much you guys gotta exercise your GSDs if I'm exercising my little 6 lb. Pom this much! I thought they weren't supposed to be high energy! LOL Darn food.

Ozzy - Chocolate Pom
-FDCh-G
-TF-III
-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Crowned Member

Well it couldn't take that much effort to move that little ball of fluff around, maybe he's blowing in the wind!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

He was going AGAINST the wind. LOL

I get some pretty interesting looks when I'm playing fetch with him. I guess people around here think that fetch is only a 'big dog' game. Most people laugh when they see his tiny tennis ball, haha.

Ozzy - Chocolate Pom
-FDCh-G
-TF-III

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 03:08 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Just got back from a half hour game of fetch with him. I threw his ball as FAR and as HARD as I could and he's still not tired. Urg, Mom needs to let me get him in agility...!

Ozzy - Chocolate Pom
-FDCh-G
-TF-III

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 03:23 AM
Crowned Member

Don't forget that puppies tend not to regulate themselves. Stark was one of those puppies that you had to crate for down time otherwise he would GO GO GO. As soon as he was in the crate - zzzzzzzzzzz.

But watch out.. as soon as he was let out again, he was ready to GO GO GO again.. lol.

G Wild Winds Zephyr of Cognac BH, HIC, NTD, ITD, CGN, TT
Wild Winds Archangel Raphael HIC, TT
XX z Weberhaus
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 03:28 AM
Crowned Member

haha Riley has bad memories of a game of fetch gone horribly wrong when he stole a little Cavalier King Charles Spanial's tennis ball at the dog park one time!!! That little dog got so ticked off that Riley stole his ball he tackled Riley, got a good grip on his back leg where it bends and hung on for dear life as Riley ran like the hounds of **** were after him. In his case though, the **** hound was chewing on his leg.... literally. Picture this big black dog running as best he can trying to get away from this little spaniel attached to him refusing to let go until Riley dropped his ball. Riley isnt a fan of St.Bernards OR Spaniels. He gets this crazy look in his eye whenever he see's one now and tries to run away. Its hilarious but i feel bad for him too.

Shasta GSD 5/5/10 CGC, ITD, TC
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus BCAT CAX2 CGCA ETD HCT NCO-1 PKD-T RATI RATN RA TC TKA 3/18/2013
"Hades" Guilty vom Blutfeuer 10/26/2018
Zena GSD 6/1/03-2/16/2016
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

He's sitting next to me right now, lightly panting, intently watching Sugar. (One of my sugar gliders). If I move though, he's ready to go and thinks it's play time. I wish I had the stamina he does! If I ran as much as he did tonight, I'd keel over dead!

Ozzy - Chocolate Pom
-FDCh-G
-TF-III

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 03:55 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konotashi View Post
He's sitting next to me right now, lightly panting, intently watching Sugar. (One of my sugar gliders). If I move though, he's ready to go and thinks it's play time. I wish I had the stamina he does! If I ran as much as he did tonight, I'd keel over dead!

yup! if we could bottle their energy... we'd be millionaires!!!

Shasta GSD 5/5/10 CGC, ITD, TC
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus BCAT CAX2 CGCA ETD HCT NCO-1 PKD-T RATI RATN RA TC TKA 3/18/2013
"Hades" Guilty vom Blutfeuer 10/26/2018
Zena GSD 6/1/03-2/16/2016
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KZoppa View Post
yup! if we could bottle their energy... we'd be millionaires!!!
That's for sure!

Ozzy - Chocolate Pom
-FDCh-G
-TF-III

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Crowned Member

Sounds like a hummingbird
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page