Working for Food - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Working for Food

My GSD's trainer said GSD should work for their food and that the food should never be simply put in a bowl for the puppy to eat. I've been putting the food lately in containers with holes cut out so the food will come through as the dog moves the container. The dog runs all over with this exercise, eating as she goes and seems to enjoy it (it's similar to the Kong version of having food in a toy). I'm wondering if it's a bad idea to do this all the time or not. If I put her food in a bowl, she inhales it in seconds. With the containers, at least she's eating slower than with the bowl. Any thoughts on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page