You'da thunk he was Starving to Death - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

You'da thunk he was Starving to Death

Well, all of the Blue Buffalo food was on sale, so I decided to get two cans of Blue Wilderness. One can of Turkey & Chicken, one can of Duck & Chicken. I planned to mix some of it with his dry food and use it for training.

I mixed some with his dinner and OMG. He INHALED his dinner! You could have swore that he hadn't eaten since the day he was born. He LICKED his bowl clean and then sat there staring at me for some more. I did some training with him with it and it was like crack to him! LOL

Ohhh, what have I done...? xD

Ozzy - Chocolate Pom
-FDCh-G
-TF-III
-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 11:19 PM
Crowned Member

My parents have a little spaniel who's 10 years old and has been eating canidae wet and dry for as long as i can remember and this dog goes absolutely nuts for dinner. Spinning in circles and barking like a maniac while preparing dinner.

When the food hits the ground, he's like a doggie vacuum cleaner the way he cleans his bowl. It's like he was starved and finally got a meal the way this dog eats. He's done this every day of his life forever. The dog just loves to eat. I guess some dogs just love food.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I don't think I'll be having anymore issues getting him to eat his breakfast. Haha. Normally I'll have to use some of the kibbles as treats and make him sit, lay down, stay, come, etc. and feed them to him and then he'll eat. I doubt I'll have to do that now! LOL

I was kind of worried he was going to choke he was eating it so fast. When I get the bowl tomorrow morning, I'll space it out instead of piling it all in the middle of his bowl.

Ozzy - Chocolate Pom
-FDCh-G
-TF-III

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 12:19 AM
Crowned Member

Sometimes they get extra hungry when they go through growth spurts too. I know when lucy was a puppy, she had her days when she didn't want to eat anything and others when she couldn't get enough food.

Now i don't know how much of a growth spurt a pom puppy can go through, but may be something that may cause the extra appetite.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 02:00 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Dog View Post
Sometimes they get extra hungry when they go through growth spurts too. I know when lucy was a puppy, she had her days when she didn't want to eat anything and others when she couldn't get enough food.

Now i don't know how much of a growth spurt a pom puppy can go through, but may be something that may cause the extra appetite.
All that fuzz takes protein.

Jelpy and the mesquite mafia

My furs are not in storage, nor draped across the bed. They're peering out the kennel door just waiting to be fed.
(Anonymous)
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 02:02 AM
Crowned Member

Babsy isn't going through any growth spurt, but when I put down her eggs, bacon, and toast this morning, she scarfed it up like there was no tomorrow.

Heidi Ho
Odie, Joy-Joy
Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

He's grown quite a bit since I got him, amazingly. Sounds kinda stupid since he's so small, but a lot of people that saw him when I got him, then saw him again within the past few days have been saying, "He's gotten bigger!" Haha.

Ozzy - Chocolate Pom
-FDCh-G
-TF-III

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 02:14 AM
Crowned Member

hey we went to a picnic for my husbands clinic today and one of the women asked if Shasta was the "same tiny puppy" she'd seen 4 weeks ago... She looked at Shasta like a one eyed monster had suddenly appeared when we told her yes. Apparently Shasta has gotten HUGE. She's a big puppy and she's definitely grown but seriously? Some people are just funny

Shasta GSD 5/5/10 CGC, ITD, TC
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus BCAT CAX2 CGCA ETD HCT NCO-1 PKD-T RATI RATN RA TC TKA 3/18/2013
"Hades" Guilty vom Blutfeuer 10/26/2018
Zena GSD 6/1/03-2/16/2016
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 02:20 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Haha, I can only imagine people's reactions if Ozzy's growth was as dramatic as a GSD's!

Ozzy - Chocolate Pom
-FDCh-G
-TF-III

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 02:23 AM
Crowned Member

from that moment on i had the song Flying Purple People Eater running through my head.

Shasta GSD 5/5/10 CGC, ITD, TC
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus BCAT CAX2 CGCA ETD HCT NCO-1 PKD-T RATI RATN RA TC TKA 3/18/2013
"Hades" Guilty vom Blutfeuer 10/26/2018
Zena GSD 6/1/03-2/16/2016
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page