Mixing kibble with raw patties??? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Mixing kibble with raw patties???

This past weekend I've purchased some raw beef and chicken patties (Stella & Chewy), I'd like to give three of the patties for dinner to our girl once or twice a week but I am not sure if it's ok to mix it with TOTW kibble? I ask as I already gave it to her once but she was still hungry?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 12:01 PM
Crowned Member

I mix Nature's Variety kibble with frozen raw patties every meal. I've only tried the Stella and Chewy's raw treats but if my vet sells them, they must be decent- he only sells all natural, preservative free, super healthy foods and treats.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

I was shocked as Bella had the dinner disappear within 30 seconds when I gave her the patties for the first time, she went totally nuts, lol.
Do I defrost the patties?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Crowned Member

I do, but there are times when I've forgotten to take one out and have to feed it frozen- nobody seems to mind! Since I just feed half of one at each meal, it's easier if it's thawed. Nature's Variety has several different raw meats and I rotate between them, but the favorite is still chicken
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 01:16 PM
DnP
Elite Member

I add Nature's Variety medallions to Phoenix's TOTW kibble. I just started using a new premade raw being carried at my local store. Phoenix definitely enjoys it. He cannot eat chicken so we've found the premade raw works for him. Not to mention I'm not able to go full on raw feeding, so it works for me as well.

Diana

Bentley - the light that brought me out of the darkness

RIP Phoenix, Brightstar Rescue, 2006 - 5/6/2017
RIP Dakota 1/5/93 - 10/23/2006
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page