Opinions in mixing food.... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

Opinions in mixing food....

I recently switched 5 month old gsd from royal canin to blue buffalo food (large breed pup formula ofcourse) and this week he officially has no more royal canin mixed in and as of yesterday he is acting picky about when he eats. He no longer is "excited" at feeding time he kinda nibbles at it and then he gets used to it. However before I switch foods, I don't wanna do that to him again, I was wondering everyones opinion on cooking ground chicken and rice and adding it to his food? My cousin has show dogs and is very educated and she told me to do this... Anyone else do that? Thanks!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 12:54 AM
Crowned Member

I steam chicken and add it to lucy's meals everyday along with yogurt, cottage cheese, raw eggs, carrots, and all the canned merrick flavors.

There's nothing wrong with adding a little protein and flavor to a kibble diet especially to a picky eater (i have one too).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page