Ground Beef (cooked) & Wellness Super 5 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Ground Beef (cooked) & Wellness Super 5

As stated in title , i have been feeding Blitz this mixture at a 50/50 ratio for the past couple weeks.Is this bad for my 13 week old GSD.He looks good , nice hourglass shape. He loves it of course and it is helping him gain weight as he was a little underweight . I'm just concerned i might be creating an imbalance in his diet. He currently weighs in at approx 28 lbs. and need your expert opinions on this diet. His coat is softer and shines big time!! Is he getting enough minerals and nutrients this way as opposed to a straight wellness super 5 diet. In this pic taken 6-1-10 at 10 weeks he weighed 18 lbs so in the last three weeks he has gained 10 lbs. I will regulate amount as to not make him overweight for his frame .Thanks , this place is a wealth of info !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blitz 018.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	1935  

Waiting at the Bridge Lady (GSD)June 1966, I was 8 when dad brought her home- June 1978 / She raised me from a little kid to a man. I love you my girl
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---- Czar (Doby/Rott Mix) Died in my arms 3-20-09 I miss you boy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Blitz Burgh Steeler; 06-20-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Elite Member

I do similar with my 15 week old boy, but I feed the burger raw always, mixed with his Orijen kibble. He gets the raw burger every other day.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Elite Member

For got to say, he is a really cute little guy!! Looks a lot like my Max.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relayer View Post
I do similar with my 15 week old boy, but I feed the burger raw always, mixed with his Orijen kibble. He gets the raw burger every other day.
Is raw better? Is there any chance of salmonella or anything else nasty that would hurt him from raw beef of chicken, or anything else for that matter . thanks bro

Waiting at the Bridge Lady (GSD)June 1966, I was 8 when dad brought her home- June 1978 / She raised me from a little kid to a man. I love you my girl
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 01:18 PM
Elite Member

Raw won't hurt a dog. Peple feed strictly raw, chicken, pork, fish, etc. Raw is more natural and likely has more enzymes and nutritional value than cooked.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Elite Member

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relayer View Post
Thanks my friend

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 02:14 PM
Master Member

what is the benifit of raw burgur? do you have to get it somwhere other than the store? store isnt bad or anything?

Elios. 2 year old light liver GSD
Toast. Hedgehog
Gizmo. Blue point, kink tailed kitten .

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail.."
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Knighted Member

I have read many times NEVER feed raw and kibble together. They don't digest at the same rate.

Renee'

Jake 2/12/10 CGC TDI
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeandrenee View Post
I have read many times NEVER feed raw and kibble together. They don't digest at the same rate.
I know a lot of people believe that, but I personally don't and have yet to see any credible scientific evidence to support the theory. I also don't think it's an issue at all if you feed a very high protein grainless kibble. And... LOL... the poops and the dogs overall health will tell the whole story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page