beneful puppy's food - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation beneful puppy's food

I would like to what you guys opinion to my feed my puppy's beneful for puppy’s mix with some pro plan. so far my puppy like it should i continue with this food or change it. By the way my puppy is 13 weeks old and he really give me very very hard time for the food he like. But finally I found this mix beneful and pro plan so far he like it. Also I couldn’t find Beneful Larg breed puppy’s food they only have puppy’s or adult. as i said he 13 weeks old and he is 25 lb. Thanks guys
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0124.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	1756   Click image for larger version

Name:	GetAttachment.jpg
Views:	2277
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	1757  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Elite Member

If you can afford an upgrade, I'm warning you... it'll be highly suggested here. Get Orijen or Blue Buffalo Large Breed Puppy if you possibly can. I just switched to Orijen and it's great food.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 10:56 PM

I would definitely get him off of the Beneful. There is byproduct in it, which could be anything, also, lots of food colorings and bha/bht which has been banned in human food due to it's link to cancer. I haven't looked at Proplan in awhile, but i think they use corn as their primary ingredient. Corn is not good to use in dog feeds because it isn't easily digestible. Most companies use it because it's cheap. Stick with the foods that are all natural. I'm sure others on the board would be happy to give you ideas on what food to feed. I myself use Acana Grasslands, but I've tried my pack on the Annamaet Grain Free (their new line), and they liked it so much, that I think I might just as well stay on that for awhile. I also do the raw diet at night for dinner!

P.S. Forgot to add, your baby is sweet!!

"Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole".....

Roger Caras

Last edited by crazyboutdogs; 06-08-2010 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Master Member

beautiful baby....yes, you should change it. Please spend some time reviewing posts on nutrition in the Diet and Nutrition section. There are many, many previous discussions on the subject for greater detail, that will allow you to be comfortable in making a choice on a new food. For the record, I recommend raw, but if that is out of the question, I would recommend Orijen. Good for you for asking and taking the time to consider the best diet.

Dexter-male, sable GSD, 2 yr. old rescue

"My impetus is an unfulfillable debt to animals
entrusted to my care before I recognized the extent of our advanced industrial and societal hypocrisy (i.e. the extent of my own ignorance and participation)."

-Euan Fingal

RIP

Kato- 12 yrs, GSD, forever my friend
Kelsey- 15 yrs, GSD, an inspiration
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Crowned Member

sorry to tell you...as others have said, not a good food to feed for all the reasons they've given. lots of info here about various foods posted previously (nutrition and diet section). more research on your part is needed, but will be so worth it in the best interest of that cutie pie sheppie boy you've got!!!

mom to the cashman
the rescues...jeni-take-a-ride, and the c-monster
shangri la's seraphina blue (RIP 8/1/15)
hearthside's cinderfella (RIP 4/20/09)
shep von bellefontaine (RIP 6/9/10)
cricket (african grey RIP 7/13)
voodoo lily (dsh RIP 8/15)
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Crowned Member

check out dogfoodanalysis.com anything with 3 stars and up is good. If you have a Costco near you their Kirkland food is a great cheap option, At petsmart Blue Buffalo is best, but even nutro ultra would be better than beneful. At Petco Wellness supermix is best but they also carry natural balance, and solid gold. Tractor supply will have Diamond which I'm not a fan of but their diamond naturals line is better than beneful and the 4health brand is getting some good feedback.

check out this section as well there are tons of posts about food Feeding Our Puppy - German Shepherd Dog Forums

**ETA***
If you can find it and afford it I highly recommend Orijen LBP

-Brandi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
6-5-09

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by sagelfn; 06-08-2010 at 11:34 PM.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

I heard alot about Orijen or Blue Buffalo Large Breed Puppy i guess i have to buy the small bag for one of them and try it and see how my puppy will like it. anyway i'm sure i have to mix it with some wet food like pro plan. he will never he plan dry food. thanks guys
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 12:47 AM
Crowned Member

ask for trial or sample size bags. Try feeding with dry food only if you keep mixing in the canned food you'll have a very picky eater

-Brandi

6-5-09

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 01:45 AM
Elite Member

Also, If money is tight, a few decent quality brands of food are 4 heath (by tractor supply), Kirkland Dogfood (Cosco's brand) and for a little bit more, Either Chicken Soup for teh Dog Lover's Soul, or Merrick's Whole Earth farms.

-Kira

Fur Family:
Dakota "Koda" GSD 02/20/2008
Chloe Calico 9/21/2007

"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too"
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 08:05 AM

another decent food if money is tight, is Nature's Recipe..At petsmart/petco, it's around 35-39$ for a 40# bag, has no wheat, no corn, no soy..

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page