HELP please - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

HELP please

What you guys mean about Kibble food. I really have problem here with GSD 13 weeks old now and he is not good eater. I'm trying to feed him royal canin 30 he doesn't like it. I break it for him so it easy to eat and i mix with some chicken he ate little and left it. I know he is hungry because he keeps looking for food but home food like rice chicken beef. He weight 22 lb now and the vet said he is healthy %100 i really getting tired about this.

Yesterday I mix some of his food Royal Canin and I break it for him with some yogurt he eat all his food because it's first time he taste the Yogurt. I'm trying to do the same today he doesn't wanna eat. And when I took him out side to do his business I see he poop is little soft I'm saying maybe because of the Yogurt and its first time he eat it.
I don't know is he testing me to see if I will give him different food like home food or what?

Also he is not active like I expect from GSD I don't know why. He likes to sleep in his crate a lot and when we go out side he play but not a lot. I know he is not sick (that’s what the vet told me) but also I know he Is underweight about 8 lb for his age but the vet didn't say anything about that.

I heard a lot here about Kibble food so I would like to know is this available in Petsmart or Petco and what kind should I buy for him so he can eat and doesn’t give me any health problem. I really wanna get him food he will eat now and later too. PLEASE HELP! Thanks

Attach his pic's i would like you guys let me know if he look okay and healthy or no. thanks guys
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lee1.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	1705   Click image for larger version

Name:	lee.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	1706  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 12:33 PM
Knighted Member

I had the same problem with Molly so we stared mixing 1/4 cup of Merrick canned food and it really helped. But it does get expensive 1 can a day at 3.00$ plus her Wellness kibbles.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassem37 View Post
What you guys mean about Kibble food.

I heard a lot here about Kibble food so I would like to know is this available in Petsmart or Petco and what kind should I buy for him so he can eat and doesn’t give me any health problem.

"Kibble" is any dry dog food.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 01:07 PM
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Kibble is just dry dog food. The Royal Canin you're feeding him now is kibble. Petco has a better selection of decent foods than PetSmart in my opinion. If he doesn't like the RC, you could try switching him to something else. Petco has Wellness, Natural Balance, and I think also Solid Gold. Any of those would be good choices.

Quote:
...but also I know he Is underweight about 8 lb for his age but the vet didn't say anything about that.
Where are you getting that information? If that's based on a height/weight chart, you should know that the numbers are averages. Your puppy looks on the smaller size, but not skinny, so 22 pounds might be a perfect weight for him.

When I got Dena & Keefer at 9 weeks old they were in the 18/19 pound range - at 9 weeks old Halo was only 11-1/2 pounds. That's a pretty big difference, but all of them were at a good weight for their size, and everyone grew up to be within the breed standard. Since there's a 22 pound difference between the high end and the low end of the standard for both males and females, of course there will be a wide range of "normal" for puppies as well. He may grow up to be a 70 pound dog instead of an 85 pound dog, and that's perfectly okay - both are within the standard for an adult male.

-Debbie-
Cava 1/6/18
Keefer 8/25/05-4/24/19 ~ The sweetest boy
Halo 11/9/08-6/17/18 ~ You left pawprints on our hearts
Dena 9/12/04-10/4/08 ~ Forever would have been too short
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 02:06 PM

Bassem37 - your pup looks very healthy from the picture. I'd rather have my dog slightly underweight than overweight, especially as a pup. How big are the mom and dad? Usually, you can tell what size the pup will be from their size. Either way, your pup looks great from the picture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page