Solid Gold LB Puppy - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Solid Gold LB Puppy

As most of you know, I will be getting my pup in the next 2 months. Zappa is on The Honest Kitchen but I want to feed the pup regular puppy food. I was thinking Solid Gold LB puppy. It is fairly easy to find where I am and seems to be pretty good. My hubby and I discussed it and we want to have the pup on a dry food because it gets so labor intensive getting Zappa's food ready with all of his suppliments that get added in. As well as the cost lol. I would love to have them both on THK, but I don't think I would be able to afford to keep it up in the long run.
So, let me know what you guys think.

SBD Posejpal's Leyna, HCTs 6/16/2010
SBD Posejpal's Hades, 5/9/12

At the rainbow bridge:
Zappa 12/27/00-1/23/12 You are my heart, my soul, and my best friend. You will be with me always.
Zeus 5/9/12-8/13/12 You taught me strength. Run free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 06:17 PM
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

food food food

We all have our favorites. I know getting the best food I can keep in my budget has always worked for my dogs....

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I understand everyone has different opinions, but I have never fed this food before and I want to make sure it is good to go. I want to make sure the pup is on a food that will help decrease the chances of pano, upset tummy, etc. It has been many years since I last had a pup in the house.

At the rainbow bridge:
Zappa 12/27/00-1/23/12 You are my heart, my soul, and my best friend. You will be with me always.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggirl47 View Post
I understand everyone has different opinions, but I have never fed this food before and I want to make sure it is good to go. I want to make sure the pup is on a food that will help decrease the chances of pano, upset tummy, etc. It has been many years since I last had a pup in the house.

Are you talking about Solid Gold Wolf Cub?

If so, I had Sinister on that from 11 weeks old to 1 year old. He loved it and did great on it and I loved it as well. It slows their growth rate down so they dont grow too big too fast. I highly recommend this food, I convinced some of my friends to put their puppies and adults on Solid Gold and they are happy with the results as well.

Kendra, how are you doing? I am so excited for you! Has your puppy been born yet?

Lauren

Sinister ~ black male GSD 3.11.09
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Lauren,
I am good. Finally made it to Washington and we are waiting for our house to get finished. Yes, I am talking about Solid Gold Wolf Cub.
Hopefully the pup will be born tomorrow. Chuck has to do a C-section for safetyndue to the litter/pup size. The target test is getting done first thing in the morning and if the pups are ready they will be delivered tomorrow.
Thanks for the recommendation on the food BTW. I wanted someone's first hand experience.

At the rainbow bridge:
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 12:33 AM

What's the difference between Solid Gold Wolfcub and Solid Gold Hundchen Flocken Puppy Food? I know it lists the calcium and phosphorus ratio, but not the actual amounts.

Would it be better to just feed the Canidae?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackviolet View Post
What's the difference between Solid Gold Wolfcub and Solid Gold Hundchen Flocken Puppy Food? I know it lists the calcium and phosphorus ratio, but not the actual amounts.

I called Solid Gold's customer service line, and the operator gave me the ACTUAL amounts for both formulas. Unfortunately, the post-it note I wrote down the percentages is missing..
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackviolet View Post

The other big difference of course is the main protein - Wolf Cub has bison and Hunden Flocken has lamb.

I also feed Wolf Cub to my pups and have been happy with it. I don't feed more than one bag of puppy formula usually, so I like being able to switch to Wolf King with the same protein source.

Tracie
www.atlaskennels.com
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkarsjens View Post
The other big difference of course is the main protein - Wolf Cub has bison and Hunden Flocken has lamb.

the Wolf Cub is likely Ocean Fish meal as its main protein.

Derek

owned by:
Kimba (gsd) 5/9/07
Saby the mutt~1/15/01
Frisco (gsd) 6/21/02
Luka (feline)d.o.b.~2004
RIP-canines-Buddy, Roxy, Kujo, Kato, Pierre
felines-Chanel, Panther, TJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page