James Wellbeloved puppy food - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

James Wellbeloved puppy food

Sorry to start a new thread but I asked more than a week ago in the stickied thread and got no answers.. I have free bag of this that was in with a puppy pack from the vets. I'm just wondering if I can start using this for him as I'm not really sure if it's the right food for a growing GSD? (He's 14 weeks old.)

I looked on their wesbite and this is the ingredients

Lamb & Rice Kibble

Puppy

Ingredients and analysis

Ingredients: Lamb meat meal, rice, ground whole barley, potato protein, lamb fat, whole linseed, lamb gravy, sugar beet pulp, alfalfa, sodium chloride, natural seaweed, chicory extract, omega 3 and omega 6 supplement, lysine, calcium carbonate, D,L-methionine, yucca extract, threonine, JWB special ingredients.
Contains: Min 26% lamb, min 26% rice, min 14% barley.
Typical analysis: Protein 30%, oil 15%, fibre 3%, ash 8.5%, omega-3 fatty acids 1.2%, omega 6 fatty acids 1.1%.

I'm really new to this so any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkellyx View Post
Sorry to start a new thread but I asked more than a week ago in the stickied thread and got no answers.. I have free bag of this that was in with a puppy pack from the vets. I'm just wondering if I can start using this for him as I'm not really sure if it's the right food for a growing GSD? (He's 14 weeks old.)

I looked on their wesbite and this is the ingredients

Lamb & Rice Kibble

Puppy

Ingredients and analysis

Ingredients: Lamb meat meal, rice, ground whole barley, potato protein, lamb fat, whole linseed, lamb gravy, sugar beet pulp, alfalfa, sodium chloride, natural seaweed, chicory extract, omega 3 and omega 6 supplement, lysine, calcium carbonate, D,L-methionine, yucca extract, threonine, JWB special ingredients.
Contains: Min 26% lamb, min 26% rice, min 14% barley.
Typical analysis: Protein 30%, oil 15%, fibre 3%, ash 8.5%, omega-3 fatty acids 1.2%, omega 6 fatty acids 1.1%.

I'm really new to this so any advice would be appreciated.
i dont know whats available to you in England. its a pretty grain heavy food (since it states an equal amount of rice and lamb). its a little better (barely) than what we would see in a grocery store in the U.S. the main concern for a growing large breed is the calcium level (preferably around 1.5% maximum or lower), but the website gives little nutrient info. if you are just feeding one bag, it really wouldnt matter. if you want to make it his regular diet, id see if the company can provide more information.

Derek

owned by:
Kimba (gsd) 5/9/07
Saby the mutt~1/15/01
Frisco (gsd) 6/21/02
Luka (feline)d.o.b.~2004
RIP-canines-Buddy, Roxy, Kujo, Kato, Pierre
felines-Chanel, Panther, TJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page