Natural Balance Rolls?? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Natural Balance Rolls??

I started using the Natural Balance Rolls this week as treat for training and such for Kaiya. We woke up to diarrhea issues the following morning. I took a break from them for a few days and the runs cleared up. Yesterday, decided to try again, and sure enough, this morning we've had bouts of diarrhea again. I bought 3 of the 4lb rolls and we are only a quarter into the first roll. So not sure what I should do. She absolutely loves them, and does well in her training sessions with them, and she's only getting small cut up pieces. Should I just continue using them and to give her stomach time to adjust to them or just nix them altogether? Nothing else in her diet has changed.

~Tina~
Achilles (GSD) ~ 1/31/11
Kaiya (GSD)~ 9/18/2009
Lexi (Yorkie)~1/24/03
Lilly (Chi)~8/21/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Crowned Member

Stop giving it until her system is back to normal and then try it again. If she get diarrhea a second time, then you know it's the roll and you need to find another treat.

Elaine and the herd
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Master Member

I would try to get your money back if you can for the unopened ones.

I have heard that pea sized treats for puppies is a good thing. I use EVO red meat kibble sample packs for my treats. They are tiny pieces of yummy gold to my boy!

~Robin~
Proud Mommy to Clover 11/26/09
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

as well as not so furry babies, Christopher (5) and Laci (2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Crowned Member

I almost always have some diarrhea issues with a pup when introducing new training treats. A day of gut rest or so and then we go back to gradual introduction. I work until they can tolerate a variety. German Shepherds tend to have easily upset systems. The less the diet varies the more likely the upset with a new item. I just keep introducing slowly until mine can eat almost anything in training without problems. I guess it is doing "gut training" first.

I suppose there are certainly individual dogs that can never tolerate this or that, but all of mine over the years have become as tolerant as Labs of new food and treats because I don't restrict their exposure to different treats..... salmon, liver, NB rolls, hot dogs, various cheeses, Biljac frozen, steak, chicken, liverwurst, tortellini, etc are on the training menu after slow intro here. You have introduce use just a little bit at first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page