story edgar sawtelle - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

story edgar sawtelle

just bought and on about page 20.Seems to be a fiction book not specifically about GSD but about dog communication/breeding for focus and maybe a book for all us GSD lovers. Will foolow up as I read.Anyone out there read it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Crowned Member

Re: story edgar sawtelle

So have you finished it? Don't give anything away, except did you enjoy the book - I will be reading it later this week.

Thanks.

Bonnie

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

With approval from:
Skye, CGC & certified therapy dog (GSD)
Buddy, CGC & certified therapy dog (golden, tripod)

RIP
Sophie - the life was too short dog
Solo - CGC, AAT 'stars in the sky dog'
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Long book-haven't finished it yet but LOVE it-look at cover dog breed unspecified but cover sure looks like GSD and if you read book with the idea that the dog in the story is your dog OH MY great !!!Love the parts written from Almondine (dog)point of view
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Re: sawtelle-OUTSTANDING

Halfway through-have to admit for the first time in a long time I am going back to reread sections-and just DO NOT want book to end.If you love dogs you need to read this book-it is not about people but looking at it and thinking it isw about the whole dog/human relationship and even better kinda talks about dogs responses NOT controlled/affected by people!BUY IT!!!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 10:53 AM

Just finished this book and I must say it was the BEST book I have read in a very long time. I did not want it to end. Very rarely do I ever read a book twice but this one is the exception. Thanks for the recommendation, I will be passing this one on to a couple of dog loving friends for sure.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Any GSD lover or any dog lover please read this book-many things make you rethink what a dog/human relationship COULD BE!!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Crowned Member

I'm about a third of the way through it. I can't decide if I want to hurry and read it all or never have it end.

Wonderful book - thanks for recommending it!

Difficult to believe this is the author's first book.

Bonnie

-

-

With approval from:

RIP
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Crowned Member

Forgot to come back and post about Edgar Sawtelle. That was one amazing book and had some interesting insights into both dogs and humans. I will definitely read it again down the road.

The OP also recommended Racing in the Rain - I have to say, this one really got to me. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and the way it celebrated Enzo's life, as told by him.

I passed this book on to my mom. My stepfather died just 6 months ago, so I gave her an idea of the story, so she would be prepared.

Racing in the Rain is a good reminder to find joy in the everyday life and be the best we can be. I hope Enzo now has his opposable thumbs.

Bonnie

-

-

With approval from:

RIP
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Crowned Member

Oprah just chose this book for her book club pick. She said that "this book is right up there with the greatest American novels ever written".
I have it reserved at my local library, can't wait to read it...

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Knighted Member

I read it last summer and loved it. I am an avid reader, always with a book, and this is one of the best books I have ever read. Top 20, easily.
Sheilah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page