White shepherd puppy antagonizing? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

White shepherd puppy antagonizing?

When I saw the thumbnail for this video, I recognized that it looked a lot like Benny. I mean, it could even be his BROTHER. The reactive temperament of the puppy was a lot like Benny's, only more antagonized, of course!
The area looks like the typically trashy streets of Memphis, too.

I don't know for sure if this is a white shepherd, so correct me if I'm wrong, but it's still WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!

I looked up the URL, but it's not posted anywhere on any site, so I can't narrow down where these people are.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=jq12jp&s=2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 01:50 AM
Elite Member

Re: White shepherd puppy antagonizing?

It's a white shepherd pup for sure. What are those people doing?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

Not sure, but it's definitely not 'humane'.
If that IS Benny's brother, then it's definitely not good that they're doing that because Benny's dad is volatile. He passed that on to his boys. He could easily turn into a monster when provoked like that.

No results on Myspace, yet, as I figured it was probably a video for Myspace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 03:14 AM

Humane, what in this World does that mean?

"A man must learn to understand the motives of human beings, their illusions, and their sufferings"

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."

"Independent Realist at large"
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 07:09 AM
Master Member

Send a message via AIM to wrenny

Was that really THAT bad? It was a puppy that was growling. They probably thought it was cute. Then they held it as it walked up a wind shield.

I didn't see anything cruel or "humane."

Lex, 10 years old RIP
Lincoln 4 months old.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 07:10 AM

That dog is probably going to grow up to be aggressive and end up here on the urgent forum. That is sad. He is a beautiful dog. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have animals.

Mom to Brightstar's Cartwright (Hutch), Mila and Danica
Our fosters: Ziva
Rikku
Jordan
Kye
Linus
Mila
Bonnie
Jax
Delilah
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 07:35 AM
Master Member

Send a message via AIM to wrenny

Quote:
Originally Posted By: kularingThat dog is probably going to grow up to be aggressive and end up here on the urgent forum. That is sad. He is a beautiful dog. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have animals.
That's a bold statement. You saw a small clip where most likely they did this only once. If they do this daily, then sure it is but you are jumping to conclusions way too fast.

Lex, 10 years old RIP
Lincoln 4 months old.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Knighted Member

even still - with a breed that people negatively lable to begin with - they aren't doing him any favors by encouraging that behaviour.....they have enough of a battle without being taught to fight/play fight/ growl like that ......... most folks here would interject if someone did that to their dog..........

Kate
Dublin and Gracie (RIP)
Timer (RIP)

Guinness Tennessee Porch Hound

Roxie Shennannigan

RILEY

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Puppies don't just react like that. They'll yelp if hassled like that.

It's kinda obvious that this behavior has been going on for a while because he's anticipating the hands coming at him and growling.
I could do that to my puppy right now and he'd just play-bite back. If I continued to do it for a period of time, he'd start to get aggressive like this.

If this 'was' the natural behavior of the puppy, teasing it is definitely NOT the best thing to do. I never tease my puppy like that or 'make it walk up a windshield' after harassing ad nauseum.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Elite Member

I saw a kid playing with his pup, obviously not in a way that more knowledgeable dog lovers would prefer, but the dog wasn't being tortured...

Kids tend to treat dogs like another sibling, teasing and horsing around which makes it even more of a good idea to get a pup from stable parents with solid temperaments. If that was my child I would tell him to take the pup off the car before he hops down and hurts himself and also not to tease a dog until it growls because you are training it to believe such behavior is appropriate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page