Animal Stories - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Animal Stories

I hope I started this thread in the right place. Anyway when I was scrolling through topics I came across the thread "The Wrong Dog"-- this article freaked me out. Reading the story on that thread reminded me of a book I read when I was a child. It took some researching but I eventually found it, here's a link to the chapter of the book that reminded me of that thread.
The Baldwin Project: Wild Animals I Have Known by Ernest Thompson Seton

It's from a very old book called, "Wild Animals I Have Known". My mother got that book for me from a garage sale about 8 years ago along with another book called, "Coyote The Wonder Wolf" (can't find a free link for this one, which sucks because it was my favorite of the two). Coyote The Wonder Wolf is a narrative about female coyote pup who is captured/rescued by an Indian in Arizona and escapes from captivity into suburban Pennsylvania. You can imagine the sort of complications that arise in that setting.

Both good books, not as good as Call Of The Wild or White Fang. But close.

If any of you have read a book similar to these please feel free to post about them here I find stories from the animals point of view to be quite intriguing.

When the stars threw down their spears,
And watered heaven with their tears:
Did he smile his work to see?

Did he who made the Lamb, make thee?

Last edited by CountryGirl01; 12-30-2014 at 10:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 07:42 AM
Elite Member

I enjoyed "a dogs purpose" and it had another book that followed, I don't remember the name!!! "Black Beauty".
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 10:29 PM
Knighted Member

I have read countless animal books in my life, some better than others, but I think the James Herriot books are in a class by themselves. Great stories!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page