9/11: We Were Waiting For You At The Rainbow Bridge - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

9/11: We Were Waiting For You At The Rainbow Bridge

I saw this on the Alta Tollhaus blog and thought it was so appropriate to share today.

We watched "Hero Dogs Of 9/11" last night and saw different breeds of amazing dogs with one purpose....one goal......Find EM!

WELCOME AT RAINBOW BRIDGE

by Alexander Theodore, Bouvier, Fourth Year Resident

On the morning of September 11, 2001, there was an unprecedented amount of activity at the Rainbow Bridge. Decisions had to be made. They had to be made quickly. And, they were.
An issue, not often addressed here, is the fact that many residents really have no loved one for whom to wait. Think of the pups who lived and died in hideous puppy mills. No one on earth loved or protected them. What about the many who spent unhappy lives tied in backyards? And, the ones who were abused. Who are they to wait for?
We don’t talk about that much up here. We share our loved ones as they arrive, happy to do so. But we all know there is nothing like having your very own person who thinks you are the most special pup in the Heavens.
Last Tuesday morning a request rang out for pups not waiting for specific persons to volunteer for special assignment.. An eager, curious crowd surged excitedly forward, each pup wondering what the assignment would be.
They were told by a solemn voice that unexpectedly, all at once, over 4,000 loving people had left Earth long before they were ready. All the pups, as all pups do, felt the humans’ pain deep in their own hearts.
Without hearing more, there was a clamoring among them – “May I have one to comfort?” “I’ll take two, I have a big heart.” “I have been saving kisses forever.”
One after another they came forward begging for assignment. One cozy-looking fluffy pup hesitantly asked, “Are there any children coming? I would be very comforting for a child ’cause I’m soft and squishy and I always wanted to be hugged.” A group of Dalmatians came forward asking to meet the Firemen and be their friends. The larger working breeds offered to greet the Police Officers and make them feel at home. Little dogs volunteered to do what they do best, cuddle and kiss.
Dogs who on Earth had never had a kind word or a pat on the head, stepped forward and said, “I will love any human who needs love.”
Then all the dogs, wherever on Earth they originally came from, rushed to the Rainbow Bridge and stood waiting, overflowing with love to share – each tail wagging an American Flag.
(open picture below)

Last edited by Momto2GSDs; 09-11-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 12:17 PM

This made me cry. Beautiful little story.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Mia - 8/10/12
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 12:22 PM
Master Member

Beautiful!

Faust von der Graf ("Joey")
13 year old GSD 11-22-05; SchH3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Crowned Member

Darn it... I thought I was done crying for the day
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I just hugged my Fur Baby's and cried!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Elite Member

What station was the hero dogs of 9/11 on? I'd like to see that.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 12:48 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafo220 View Post

What station was the hero dogs of 9/11 on? I'd like to see that.
Animal Planet. It was really wonderfully done. I'm sure they'll be airing it again at some point today.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 02:54 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaMoo View Post
This made me cry. Beautiful little story.

Ditto!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Penny - GSD - 11/11/2012

Diesel - GSD - 03/15/2010 - 11/05/2012
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Crowned Member

I'm totally copying this story to FB. Crying yet again.

Shasta GSD 5/5/10 CGC, ITD, TC
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus BCAT CAX2 CGCA ETD HCT NCO-1 PKD-T RATI RATN RA TC TKA 3/18/2013
"Hades" Guilty vom Blutfeuer 10/26/2018
Zena GSD 6/1/03-2/16/2016
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Crowned Member

This made me cry! How beautiful!

Mom to
Chases Wolfgang Heinrich Von Ryan aka Wolfie born 12/20/09
Waiting for us at the bridge is Chases Chieftain aka Chiefy Left this earth and left a hole in our hearts July 2000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page