Unusual Dog Walk--Awesome Demonstration of Love toward a Paraplegic Dog. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Unusual Dog Walk--Awesome Demonstration of Love toward a Paraplegic Dog.

This is not a GSD but I thought it demonstrates possibilities in the face of seeming impossibilities.

Unusual Dog Walk - YouTube

L'chaim
Elvi

Lexie (Rotti-x), Max (GSD/Husky), Sophie (WGSD)
R.I.P. Ozzy, Sabrie, Kaiser (GSDs), Peaches (Cat)

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." - Maria Robinson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Master Member

What a nice video! That zip line is a great idea.

I have my own story too. One of my dogs, Asja (pronounced "ass-yaa"), lost a leg from osteosarcoma when she was 12.5 years old. She hopped around pretty well on three legs for a long time, but towards the end of her life, she had trouble walking. I got a garden cart, and took her for rides on it. She loved that cart! Whenever she saw it, she got all excited and wiggled her way onto it, waiting for her ride. I took her for rides around the neighborhood, and also drove her to the park she loved. She died when she was 13.5. One day she just stopped breathing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00819.jpg
Views:	1513
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	15328  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Asja von der kleinen Farm "Asja"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jambo vom Barbatus "Boris"

Ares
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asja View Post

I have my own story too. One of my dogs, Asja (pronounced "ass-yaa"), lost a leg from osteosarcoma when she was 12.5 years old. She hopped around pretty well on three legs for a long time, but towards the end of her life, she had trouble walking. I got a garden cart, and took her for rides on it. She loved that cart! Whenever she saw it, she got all excited and wiggled her way onto it, waiting for her ride. I took her for rides around the neighborhood, and also drove her to the park she loved. She died when she was 13.5. One day she just stopped breathing.
Gosh Asja, that is so touching. Thank you for sharing your story. I think it takes a special kind of people to show that special kind of love.

L'chaim
Elvi

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." - Maria Robinson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Elite Member

what a tear jerking story... makes me so happy that such love exists.. i would sure do the same thing for my girl as i know she would do the same for me, if possible.

, Mar 19, 2011

Prince vom Gildaf "Charles" August 16, 2012
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asja View Post

What a beautiful story.

, Mar 19, 2011

Prince vom Gildaf "Charles" August 16, 2012
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 11:51 PM
Master Member

Thats so touching.........

Jocko

King CKC GSD (he shall always be remembered)
Willie Collie Mix 7 yrs old
Sarge White GSD 7 yrs old
Blitz Von Vormund AKC DN28154--- 2 yr old
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 04:11 PM
Crowned Member

Wow, so incredibly touching-- both stories.

I love that he calls the harness "his pants", lol!

RIP, Loois-- what a strong boy.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

I am so sad Looise is not longer alive but succumbed to the spinal degeneration. This man is the ideal person to adopt a dog to. The story really touched my heart, too. He gave his dog 6 more years of experiencing love after he rescued him from being a bait dog. I love people like this.

L'chaim
Elvi

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 05:47 PM

What a sweet soul you are for devising that cart for Asja's final year.

London's Mom

---------------------------------------------
Minerva 9/1994 - 1/2009
Lugar 4/1997 - 2/2009
Olina 4/2009 - 2/2011

London 1/19/2009 -
Emma 8/27/2010 -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page