Looking for a GSD rescue in Mid Cali - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Tanyadeej
Looking for a GSD rescue in Mid Cali

Hi guys it has been quite some time since I have been on the forum. I moved out here to cali from northeast pennsylvania. I was a full active member of Brightstar GSD rescue. I am now feeling a sence of loss since I have moved here and I have not been able to be involved. Please if anyone knows of a great rescue out here or a non profit org that I can help with, let me know.
Tanya

Tanya Dee Jones Hartmann

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'M THE ALPHA FEMALE IN MY HOUSE!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Looking for a GSD rescue in Mid Cali

well... first, what do you consider mid cali?

there are 5 gsd rescues in southern ca (sad that we need so many eh?) and 2 in northern calif. i know that GSRNC covers central Ca but WGSR also pulls a large number of their dogs from bakersfield. so depending on your location - you may not be able to volunteer directly at adoption events and what not... but i'm sure they can use your help with evaluations, home checks, fostering and transport ya know...

here are the websites to both:
http://www.savegsd.org/
http://www.sheprescue.org/

if you are in the monterey/carmel area - coastal shepherd rescue may be a good contact as well... http://www.coastalgsr.org/index.htm i believe they cover some mid Ca all the way down to san diego, primarily coastal cities.

best of luck!

TILDEN: Male: Blk/Red LHGSD: DOB: 12/24/06 65lbs of Love
KEYSTONE: Male: Sable: DOB: 2/11/13 55lbs of Go!!!!!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Tanyadeej
Re: Looking for a GSD rescue in Mid Cali

Thanks I am in Merced, Ca now. I did contact one of them and they sent me a volunteer app so that is good atleast. Thanks again. T

Tanya Dee Jones Hartmann

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'M THE ALPHA FEMALE IN MY HOUSE!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page