Macomb, MI Alpha Team Challenge - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Macomb, MI Alpha Team Challenge

Saturday, June 23, 2012
8:00am until 4:00pm
This unique event tests the teamwork and skills of you and your canine teammate. From the dog owner who just enjoys taking his dog for a nice walk to the serious Dog Sports competitor, here is your chance to prove that you and your dog have what it takes.

Over a course measuring approximately 1 mile long, each handler and dog team will travel through water, over fallen trees, face challenges, and conquer obstacles of various kinds.

Each obstacle or challenge must be successfully overcome in order to avoid penalty time added to your run. The event is timed for each individual, and MUST be completed on lead.

The fastest time wins.

The Alpha Team Challenge

Jane~
Kept by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 06:25 PM

Looks fun I might do this if not I will go and watch.

Chloe-6-15-11

Copper-Minpin mix 11-08
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 12:12 PM

Has anyone done the past events? Is it hard,or did u and your dog have fun? I think I would be doing it for the fun of it.

Chloe-6-15-11

Copper-Minpin mix 11-08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I would love it if I was in better shape! From an e-mail this is the description of what to expect:
there is a river cross,not deep knee depth probally less by june,theres some natural obstacles,big trees and hills to traverse.The man made obstacles will be basic...sorta, climbing over and under,nothing of great height,no vertical walls or anything like that, the course is designed for all ages of handlers,some obstacles will be harder for others,thats why theres age brackets,and if theres something you feel you and your dog can't handle you can skip the obstacle, you'll just recieve a time penalty for that checkpoint.

Jane~
Kept by

Always in my heart

3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Crowned Member

Sounds like fun! I'd probably enter Nikon if we weren't already booked for two trials in May and two trials in June.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Master Member

Do they do this every year, or is this something new? I don't have the money this year, but perhaps next year.... I think Ditto would do quite well. She is pretty good at trusting me when I have her do something that seems a bit crazy to her ( climbing over things.)

Ditto GSD- 6 years old
Daisy Alaskan Husky- 4 years old
Weegee Toy Poodle- 2 years old

Always loved, missed, and remembered:

Dakota GSD mix 3/26/04-5/04/14
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I have no idea, and wouldn't count on it for another year(dog or human may have an excuse next year)....go for it now!!
The more I think about it, the more I wanna do it! Wonder how far the nearest ER is to the event site or if they'll have a defib on hand, LOL!

Jane~
Kept by

Always in my heart

3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 08:48 PM
Master Member

Wish I could but I am unemployed and can barely afford the dogs.

Ditto GSD- 6 years old
Daisy Alaskan Husky- 4 years old
Weegee Toy Poodle- 2 years old

Always loved, missed, and remembered:

Dakota GSD mix 3/26/04-5/04/14
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

you could always get some sponsors! Make it into a fundraiser challenge/and give anything over your entry fee to a charity? Too bad the organizers didn't do that for a worthy cause.

Jane~
Kept by

Always in my heart

3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Elite Member

Did anyone go today?

I went out there and had a great time. Wasn't sure what to expect but ran the course and would love to do it again. Lot of fun.

Mum to:

Ellie, GSD -CD GN RE CGC
Koda, GSD -TD CD RN HIC CGC
Zena, GSD, the shelter dog
Snacks, the shelter cat.

Traverse & Kessler

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went - Will Rogers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page