Petzoom - yay or nay - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Petzoom - yay or nay

So I’ve mentioned in a thread that I used petzoom to help me deal with barking. It works like a champ, but I don’t know if it has any long term issues. I’d assume the same as training with an e-collar, but who knows?

I’ve never thought of this before, which is weird. If it works and instantly stops my dogs from being jerk faces, would it, in theory, stop another dog charging at you? We have a lot of posts asking what to use, and even though I have these in my home, I’ve never used them outdoors, on walks, etc. But just like a dog learning the difference between having an e-collar on, and not having one on, when my dogs get barky and see me reach for the device, they self correct. I know, I should probably find a better method, but it works for us.

So has anyone else used a similar product? Has anyone successfully used it against stray/at large dogs rushing you? What’s your experience been with them? There are many different brands out there, this just happened to be the one I tried first, and it worked, so I stuck with it. I have used it on neighbors dogs before, and it quiets them also, and at a previous home, I gifted my two next door neighbors with them to use when I just had Lyka, and she would go out back and bark nonstop when I left for work. She stopped yard barking in a week.

https://www.amazon.com/EMSON-MISHON-...et+zoom&sr=8-4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 11:31 AM

hummm I'm going to let the wife check this out. Thanks for posting this, saint will often bark at nothing at all. Well I tell him 'good boy, enough'...but sometimes he continues to bark, and he's loud too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page