Ecollar Suggestions? - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 11:15 PM

https://youtu.be/FYr9SPWsPtU Amazon $45.96 but if you have prime there a coupon for $6.00, go these for my 5 year old GSD works great. The instructions say charge for 2 hours but it need to be charged over night.

Last edited by deedeearmstrong; 12-20-2018 at 11:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 02:16 AM
Master Member

Please do not buy a 10-50$ amazon e collar

Buy a quality e collar or don’t buy one at all. I love the mini educators.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 12:34 PM

I will repeat..... Look on eBay..... or craigslist... but buy quality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 01:49 PM
Mei
Master Member

I have a friend with a husky mix with who know what. He got a 50$ one from Amazon that has a beep option too and vibrate with like 20 or 30 settings. Bottom line, he doesn't even use it anymore.

My thought process is if one gets a high drive dog like GSDs, one should invest in the best training, tools, food, ect. I've got better than expected results with the Dogtra 1900s. Came with the training package I did with my trainer.

Mei - DOB 1/15/2018
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 08:24 PM

I like the Garmin Sport Pro I have. Easy to use, works when I need it to.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 07:13 AM
Crowned Member

I also like the Garmin/tritronics sport pro. I found it easy to learn on and use. I have found the light on the collar being not only a plus but has come in handy often. It is also waterproof.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 12:00 PM
Crowned Member

Not all e-collars are created equal. Spend the money and get a good one. It's not all about the "features" a collar has but the quality and consistency of the stim. I've owned Tri-tronics, dogtra and e-collar tech collars. I use almost exclusively e-collar tech now days. I'm also a huge dogtra fan. Used them for a few years without any issues or complaints. I wasn't a fan of my tri-tronics. It wasn't a quality or stim issue, I just felt that I could never get it dialed in for my dogs. It was either too low or too high. I have had dogtra 280's and 1900's. I really liked them a lot and have zero complaints about them. I use e-collar tech now, and find them to be very comfortable and I like some of the extra functions that the others don't have like the boost function. I use their et-300's and their K9-Tactical 800's. Most importantly, get with a trainer to teach you how to properly use it. The stim needs to be explained to the dog for the collar to work.

T17 Working Dogs-

post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 04:30 AM Thread Starter

Bought a used tri-tronics and I was either scammed or have terrible luck. It was working fine. Acclimated the dog to wearing it for several days. Then the day before I was going to introduce the stim to find out working level I tested it on myself all that. Next day it won't work. Collar won't turn on. Nothing changed at all but it's gone wonky. Was turned off and put away and got out and nada.

Supposedly a reliable collar brand the reviews looked good. I am kind of surprised though that a $200 brand new collar only has 5 stim levels and a tone.

So looks like I might as well have gotten a cheap one at this point. At least I could have returned it if it didn't work. I checked out the collar clinic but prices at least on the items I checked didn't seem competitive at all. I found a brand new collar for $5 more than the clinic price.

I did see a sport dog collar for sale near me but no idea if they're a decent brand and now I'm wary of buying used. Got an expensive piece of worthless equipment already sitting in my room now!
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 08:40 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazel View Post
Bought a used tri-tronics and I was either scammed or have terrible luck. It was working fine. Acclimated the dog to wearing it for several days. Then the day before I was going to introduce the stim to find out working level I tested it on myself all that. Next day it won't work. Collar won't turn on. Nothing changed at all but it's gone wonky. Was turned off and put away and got out and nada.

Supposedly a reliable collar brand the reviews looked good. I am kind of surprised though that a $200 brand new collar only has 5 stim levels and a tone.

So looks like I might as well have gotten a cheap one at this point. At least I could have returned it if it didn't work. I checked out the collar clinic but prices at least on the items I checked didn't seem competitive at all. I found a brand new collar for $5 more than the clinic price.

I did see a sport dog collar for sale near me but no idea if they're a decent brand and now I'm wary of buying used. Got an expensive piece of worthless equipment already sitting in my room now!
That is terrible...but all is not lost. It is likely a battery issue. If you bought it on ebay, they offer buyer protection. If you complain, you will likely get a refund. If the buyer has a good rating they will likely want to keep you happy.

As an example, I have a ecollar that costs about $250-300 new. Not sure what I paid for it. About 2 weeks ago, I couldn't turn it on. I contacted the company and was told it is likely the battery. I bought a new battery, opened it up and sure enough, the battery that was in the collar was busted. Replaced it and everything is working fine. Worse case, most of the manufacturers offer service. You can probably send it back to them and they can fix it.

Here is the one I have and had a dead battery.

https://www.educatorcollars.com/pro-...or-pe-900.html

Good luck.

Linc Remington vom Sequoyah Haus, "Remi"- D.O.B 2/3/14

Pedigree:

Last edited by eddie1976E; 12-26-2018 at 08:42 AM.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 08:17 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1976E View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazel View Post

That is terrible...but all is not lost. It is likely a battery issue. If you bought it on ebay, they offer buyer protection. If you complain, you will likely get a refund. If the buyer has a good rating they will likely want to keep you happy.

As an example, I have a ecollar that costs about $250-300 new. Not sure what I paid for it. About 2 weeks ago, I couldn't turn it on. I contacted the company and was told it is likely the battery. I bought a new battery, opened it up and sure enough, the battery that was in the collar was busted. Replaced it and everything is working fine. Worse case, most of the manufacturers offer service. You can probably send it back to them and they can fix it.

Here is the one I have and had a dead battery.

https://www.educatorcollars.com/pro-...or-pe-900.html

Good luck.

E-collar technologies has the best customer service hands down. I talk to them multiple times a month, and they are absolutely amazing. That alone makes their collars worth it. I’ve been happy with everyone I have from them so far. I’ve got six et-300’s an et-302, 2 K9 handler 800’s and six of their bark collars. I love them all!

The tritonics should have ten settings. There is a half level between each of the numbers. I believe there is also a low, medium and high setting. So it gives you ten levels for each setting. That being said, I wasn’t a fan of my tri-Tronics.
eddie1976E likes this.

T17 Working Dogs-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page