Educator PE-900 Pro not working - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Educator PE-900 Pro not working

Has anyone experienced the receiver (collar piece) stop working on the PE-900 Pro? Weirdest thing happened today. I turned it on like normal. When I went to turn it off, nothing happened. I know it is fully charged. I tried to sync with the remote, nothing happened. I can't get the receiver to do anything. When I plug it in, red and green lights alternate.

I use this unit everyday and don't have a back up. I emailed the company today.. I know they are great, so maybe I will hear from them tomorrow. As of right now, I will not be going off leash with the dog even on my property.

Linc Remington vom Sequoyah Haus, "Remi"- D.O.B 2/3/14

Pedigree:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 04:27 PM
Crowned Member

I hear their customer service is great, but I also hear a LOT of people complaining about malfunctioning collars.

I remain loyal to Dogtra
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 04:39 PM
Crowned Member

Any chance the battery in the collar is toast? I haven’t had to replace mine with about 5 years worth of moderate use, but they can fail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
Any chance the battery in the collar is toast? I havenít had to replace mine with about 5 years worth of moderate use, but they can fail.
Anything is possible....I use it everyday, so it could be dead. Waiting to hear back from them.

Pedigree:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecowboysgirl View Post
I hear their customer service is great, but I also hear a LOT of people complaining about malfunctioning collars.

I remain loyal to Dogtra
I haven't heard of any complaints....Mine has been flawless for the last ~5 years. Which dogtra do you have? My trainer recommended this one, but I had narrowed it down to the dogtra or the educator.

Pedigree:
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Their great customer service came through...got an email this morning explaining the likely issue. They think the battery has gone bad. I ordered a couple batteries. Will update when I get the new battery in. Easy fix (I hope)

Pedigree:
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 06:45 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1976E View Post
I haven't heard of any complaints....Mine has been flawless for the last ~5 years. Which dogtra do you have? My trainer recommended this one, but I had narrowed it down to the dogtra or the educator.
For my shepherds I use Dogtra 1900. Love it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page