Thick collar recommendations? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 01:26 PM
Crowned Member

Thick collar recommendations?

2-3 inches is a wide collar. I know Dean and Tyler make wide collars most are 1 and a half inches thick which is pretty thick on a gsd. They have a nice plain almost three inch thick collar. Black Friday sales 20- 30% off. Photo of Max- one and half inch thick collar has for about three years. We are very active and still looks new. maxís collar on sale and spent less then $20 for Maxís. Lunaís collar was on sale one and half inches thick - I noticed the lighter leather did get some scratches on it. I keep them off in the house so they donít ruin their fur around their neck.
https://www.dtdogcollars.com/D-T-Del...ar-p/dtc24.htm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Jenny720; 11-19-2018 at 02:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny720 View Post
2-3 inches is a wide collar. I know Dean and Tyler make wide collars most are 1 and a half inches thick which is pretty thick on a gsd. They have a nice plain almost three inch thick collar. Black Friday sales 20- 30% off. Photo of Max- one and half inch thick collar has for about three years. We are very active and still looks new. max’s collar on sale and spent less then $20 for Max’s. Luna’s collar was on sale one and half inches thick - I noticed the lighter leather did get some scratches on it. I keep them off in the house so they don’t ruin their fur around their neck.

Very nice dog and collar! Thanks
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 10:26 AM

We use a martingale similar to this...but it's only 2' wide.

https://www.amazon.com/Blueberry-Pet...SIN=B073GY1CZM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 10:29 AM
Elite Member

M1 k9, or ray allen

Snitches get stitches.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 01:29 PM

K9 Tactical gear has amazing customer service and super well made stuff
Modern Icon has good quality stuff but sometimes customer service is iffy

Berkshire K9 wear on Etsy has thick webbing collars that I absolutely love, plus they are highly customizable, you can get plain webbing or fabric wrapped webbing, plus i love that it supports a small business and she tests all her collar designs on her own bully breed mix working dog to make sure each design is up to par and wont break under pressure or in working dog conditions. great customer service and she is having a sale.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny720 View Post
2-3 inches is a wide collar. I know Dean and Tyler make wide collars most are 1 and a half inches thick which is pretty thick on a gsd. They have a nice plain almost three inch thick collar. Black Friday sales 20- 30% off. Photo of Max- one and half inch thick collar has for about three years. We are very active and still looks new. max’s collar on sale and spent less then $20 for Max’s. Luna’s collar was on sale one and half inches thick - I noticed the lighter leather did get some scratches on it. I keep them off in the house so they don’t ruin their fur around their neck.

Those are beautiful collars but i don't see any marked as low as $20. My taste goes to the braided ones and that's $100 collar... on my wish list
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page