Muzzle Chafing muzzle - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

Muzzle Chafing muzzle

I am using a Baskerville ultra muzzle size 5. Fits great but it rubs on his muzzle and is causing chafing. If I loosen it , it rubs on his nose and chafes that. I'm looking to find some kind of cushioning strip that I could attach to the inside of the bars that are causing this... Any Ideas???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 07:24 AM

Is it possible to exchange it for the next size up? It might be to small.

Tasha's Mom, Coleen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Actually, it fits perfect...recommended for a gsd and fitted by my trainer. I am thinking I may need to get some of those felt strips and cut to fit the inside of the hard bit on the muzzle....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 09:03 AM

How long is your dog in the muzzle?

“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance”. George Bernard Shaw

Jim
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

I think I may have figured something out..... I cut strips from the soft side of Velcro (the part the rough Velcro sticks to) and attached them inside the hard rubber bars that go over his face.... we'll see if they stay on but at least they cushion his snout.
Attached Images

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 10:44 AM
Crowned Member

Max has a long snout there is no chaffing it has to be fitted right. That muzzle looks to small to me if there is chafing I can see the chafing in your photo. I was happy with this muzzle the way it fit. I used when first introducing our pup as precaution but would of liked the plastic one it's softer for that because every time he smelled her he would bump her with the hard metal muzzle. http://leerburg.com/wirebasketmuzzle...yABEgK_1PD_BwE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Jenny720; 09-14-2017 at 10:49 AM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Hi Jenny, Actually you cannot see the chafe area in that photo... the spots are small. I think you are just seeing a lighter area on the top of his snout . When I first put it on him I made it too loose, so that top bar actually rubbed on his nose (where one of the chafing areas is) so I tightened it up to where it is in the photo and a new very small spot started chafing (under where the bar is located) , I am using the size recommended by the manufacturer and by my Trainer.... Just wondering Why do you think it looks to small? Do you have this one also ? What size did you get? Thanks.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 11:43 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormywx View Post
Hi Jenny, Actually you cannot see the chafe area in that photo... the spots are small. I think you are just seeing a lighter area on the top of his snout . When I first put it on him I made it too loose, so that top bar actually rubbed on his nose (where one of the chafing areas is) so I tightened it up to where it is in the photo and a new very small spot started chafing (under where the bar is located) , I am using the size recommended by the manufacturer and by my Trainer.... Just wondering Why do you think it looks to small? Do you have this one also ? What size did you get? Thanks.
If it is fitted right there should be no chafing. I zoomed in on the photo on my phone and can see a lot of fur missing near the top muzzle near nose area - I assumed that was the chafing you were talking about. I used the muzzle that I posted above and was no chafing. Some muzzles have different fits I would think. The wire basket muzzles seem to be bigger and fit a bit differently.
http://leerburg.com/muzzlefit.htm

Last edited by Jenny720; 09-14-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page