Biking with your dog - equipment search - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Biking with your dog - equipment search

I can't seem to find a store that carries either the Springer model, or the cruiser model in the Toronto area.

Phoned pet stores and bike shops and am not having any success. Found a site on the internet to order from the U.S., but I don't want to order from an unknown site.

Can anyone recommend a site to order this product from that will ship to Canada?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Master Member

Re: Biking with your dog - equipment search

You can order it directly from the manufacturers site Springer USA (they do ship to Canada and there is a phone # on their site if you prefer to call) or else try looking for one on Ebay
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Crowned Member

I've never seen a store that carries any bike attachment. I got mine online, the K9 Cruiser I got from A Dog's Best Friend website and the Springer from one of the pet product catalogs websites, I forget which one...might have been Care-a-lot or UPCO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jubal/Tesla (Beauceron) 3/14/14
Bianca HIC CGC TT (GSD) 4/24/04-10/23/12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Which one do you like best - I was liking the Springer, but it is more expensive.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Crowned Member

Well I haven't been able to use the Springer really so I can't say which I like better. I bought the Springer first, when I was about to buy a new bike. I took it along to the bike store because I was going to have them put it on the bike for me, but when I found a bike I liked it turned out the Springer did not fit on it. I tried other bikes but it didn't fit any of the bikes they sold that were my size! That's when I ordered the K9 Cruiser instead. I do really like the K9 Cruiser though, no complaints with it, it's worked great for my dogs. The only issue I'd say with the K9 Cruiser is you have to look back/sideways to be able to look at the dog when riding, but I solved that issue by buying a bike mirror so I could just look in the mirror instead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jubal/Tesla (Beauceron) 3/14/14
Bianca HIC CGC TT (GSD) 4/24/04-10/23/12
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

I didn't like the K9 Cruiser for that very reason. Good solution.

I may order the springer from their website. I don't place too many internet orders, and when I do I do it with a company that I know or others have had good experiences with.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Knighted Member

Kind of off topic but check out the video ... "we don't need no stinkin' attachment"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P98cxCNU_-A
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 11:53 PM
Crowned Member

I've never tried the K9 Cruiser so I can't compare them but I have used a Springer for the last 15 years (same Springer, same bike) and like it a lot. It works well and requires very little prep training. The shock absorber is excellent so even if the dog veers after something, you're not pulled sideways. I don't use the break away tabs though.

I've got it on a (woman's) Trek Antelope, which is a hybrid mountain/road bike and it mounted fine.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

I've sent an email to Springer asking them if they are manufactured in the U.S. If they are then I will not have to pay duty on it, if it is not then I will have to do some research to see how much I will be charged. That was a few days ago and I have not a response. Not a good sign. Doesn't make me feel confident ordering from them.

That video is funny!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Crowned Member

I've had my springer for almost 4-5 years, one of the best things I've bought for excercising my dogs!
I got mine from our local dog store.

Akbar 6 years
Isa 10 years
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page