Attention, Ladies and Germs....drumroll please.... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Attention, Ladies and Germs....drumroll please....

OK, Let me preface this by saying, this ear could still go back down, but I don't think it will this time (crossing my fingers). It has now been up for an entire week now, without the foam glued in, which is a record for us after 3-1/2 mos of glueing. It's also a little lopsided, but I will take what I can get, and maybe it will straighten a little over time. If not, oh well. I love it! So without further ado, here's my boy with TWO, count 'em, TWO, ears upright!!! (Sorry, everyone, my computer locks up everytime I try to shrink this in Photobucket)...

Is my baby fine, or what?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 08:34 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Attention, Ladies and Germs....drumroll please....

He's very handsome, wishing him luck with the ear. Looks like he might be able to fold it inward. Morgan does a flying nun fold thing with both ears when she's bad (like tonight, caught her eating corn cobs out of the trash!)

-Jenn

Venus of Crooked Creek 1/26/13
Otto von Hena-C 05/23/08
Morgan Donnermond 08/04/01 to 9/28/12 Long Live the Queen!

I have duct tape and I am not afraid to use it.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Elite Member

Re: Attention, Ladies and Germs....drumroll please

He is looking fine!!!
Good luck with the ear!!

Sherri & the 6 Holy Terrors...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog. SL"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Knighted Member

Two Thumbs--er----- > EARS UP!!!

Kate
Dublin and Gracie (RIP)
Timer (RIP)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Guinness Tennessee Porch Hound

Roxie Shennannigan

RILEY

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Crowned Member

He is pretty without or without the standing ears. Of course love the way it looks with both of them up

Danielle

Mom to:
Rocky - 3 year old Black GSD
3 Skin Kids
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 09:51 PM

OMG...That's a stunning fellow!!!!! Do you have pictures of him as a little pup..??? I'm just curious what he looked like when you first brought him home? Was the plush coat obvious even at 8 or 9 weeks?

**Leader Of "The Pack"**
Villhelm Von Mitternachtstunde aka "Aksel" GSD
"Jasmine" Von Ms. Vunderful..rescued courtesy "One Shep At A Time" GSD
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 07:02 AM

Hi kodeeGirl,

That guy looks great!!!

Leika 11 (Philippines)

Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without.

-"Bianca von Maxitrend" born on Jan. 28, 2010
-"Falco vom Haus Athena" born on Nov. 6, 2010

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: AKSJASOMG...That's a stunning fellow!!!!! Do you have pictures of him as a little pup..??? I'm just curious what he looked like when you first brought him home? Was the plush coat obvious even at 8 or 9 weeks?
Thanks! Looking back, it was obvious he was not a short-coated GSD. I knew he had a more "fluffy than usual" coat as a pup, with lots of "ear fuzz" as I call it. But honestly, at the time I didn't even know there was such a thing as a long-coated GSD. So I didn't ask. I kept waiting for him to shed that long puppy coat, but it just ended up more coarse/slick than fluffy as he grew. He alsogrew into the "ear fuzz". LOL! If I had known when I was calling breeders that long-coats existed, I wouldn't have even gone to look at him. I'm glad I didn't know b/c he has turned out to be the smartest, sweetest, prettiest dog I've ever seen (not that I'm biased!). I fell in love with him on site - when I got him, he was all black with just a touch of grey on his paws/chest, basically. If I ever get another GSD, I'll probably get a coated one. He's just so pretty I don't think I could go back to short-coats (which is what we grew up with as kids). The funny thing is he was the "reject" of the litter - the last little male to be picked. LOL! I don't have any of his really little "baby" pics on line, but here's a couple pics of him when he was smaller than he is now...

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted By: KodeeGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted By: AKSJASOMG...That's a stunning fellow!!!!! Do you have pictures of him as a little pup..??? I'm just curious what he looked like when you first brought him home? Was the plush coat obvious even at 8 or 9 weeks?
Thanks! Looking back, it was obvious he was not a short-coated GSD. I knew he had a more "fluffy than usual" coat as a pup, with lots of "ear fuzz" as I call it. But honestly, at the time I didn't even know there was such a thing as a long-coated GSD. So I didn't ask. I kept waiting for him to shed that long puppy coat, but it just ended up more coarse/slick than fluffy as he grew. He alsogrew into the "ear fuzz". LOL! If I had known when I was calling breeders that long-coats existed, I wouldn't have even gone to look at him. I'm glad I didn't know b/c he has turned out to be the smartest, sweetest, prettiest dog I've ever seen (not that I'm biased!). I fell in love with him on site - when I got him, he was all black with just a touch of grey on his paws/chest, basically. If I ever get another GSD, I'll probably get a coated one. He's just so pretty I don't think I could go back to short-coats (which is what we grew up with as kids). The funny thing is he was the "reject" of the litter - the last little male to be picked. LOL! I don't have any of his really little "baby" pics on line, but here's a couple pics of him when he was smaller than he is now...

WOW...HE'S A STUNNER!!!!! THANKS FOR SHARING HIS PICTURES....
I CAN'T BELIEVE HE WAS THE "REJECT"....LOL...LUCKY FOR YOU HE WAS!!!
I ADORE THE PLUSH COATS.....
THE VET CLINIC I WORK FOR, HAD A CLIENT W/ A LITTER THAT NEEDED TO BE PLACED...THE MOM IS A PLUSH COAT....I TOOK ONE OF THE PUPS AND I'M HOPING SHE'S A PLUSH TOO...
I GET MY CAMERA WORKING..I'LL HAVE TO SHOW A PICTURE OF THE PUP AND GET SOME OPINIONS...SHE'S DEFINITELY "FUZZIER" THAN THE OTHERS WERE...WITH A FEW "SPROUTS AND TUFTS" HERE AND THERE..SO I'M CROSSING MY FINGERS..LOL!!!!
AND...YOU'VE DONE A GREAT JOB WITH YOUR PUPS EARS....ANOTHER THING I FIND I OBSESS ABOUT AS WELL....
KEEP US POSTED AS YOUR BABY GROWS!!!!

**Leader Of "The Pack"**
Villhelm Von Mitternachtstunde aka "Aksel" GSD
"Jasmine" Von Ms. Vunderful..rescued courtesy "One Shep At A Time" GSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page