Fun with ears! - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By cvamoca

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Fun with ears!

I'm not sure if I can add more than one picture here, but here's some fun ear pictures of my little friend Daisy.
Daisy's parents have...big ears. Like they could tune in satellite dishes. T'is my hope that with her long hair, maybe some of that satellite dish ear thing won't be so noticeable. Though it matter's not, long as they go up.

I didn't ask permission to use her parents pictures, so I'm not using them here, but I'd say based on her type she's American lines.

She's the fluffy one laying down, a week before I brought her home.

Then one day, her left ear decided the time was right to go up. That lasted about a week, and then it fell again. Interestingly, it fell during a thunderstorm, when she was outside, like it scared her ear!

This past week, as teeth are coming in, the other side decided to stand up. Exciting time.

And then, drum roll please, last night I put her and Ellie out for a pee and a play, and what did I see? 2 ears up!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0371.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	328.6 KB
ID:	524723   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0378.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	524725   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1034.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	524727   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1058.jpg
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	524729  
readaboutdogs, Aly and tim_s_adams like this.

Last edited by cvamoca; 08-26-2019 at 05:11 PM. Reason: trying to turn a picture was a failure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 07:12 PM
Elite Member

Always love the crazy ear pics!! On the news the other day someone had sent a pic of their puppy with " teepee" ears, the newscaster commented she wondered how the puppy folded his ears like that!! I guess a lot of people " miss out" on that!!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 04:50 PM
Knighted Member

i miss the crazy ear puppy days. Beautiful pup!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 05:30 PM
LRP

SO cute. I am quite partial to the fluffy ones. Don't let my male know that though as he defiantly believes he is my favorite. My female is a long hair and it is so fun watching them change.

If you think dogs canít count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then give him only two of them.
Phil Pastoret (author)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Yay! Both up and staying up.

Yay!
My husband loves the floppy puppy ears, but I love the sharp pricked ears of a GSD. Especially fluffy coats and ear floofies.

The first day they are up and stay up is just super exciting. We've had ears up for 3 days now. Makes me so excited.

I'd like to try stacking her just so I can compare her to Ellie. While Ellie has beautiful (IMO) conformation, it's the straight back and straight legs of the Aulte Deutscher (sp?) and nothing like what we see in any conformation ring in America or Germany. I've never stacked her because she'd not look like 98% of GSDs.

Daisy has cow hocks like my Arabian horses did, and loose hips, her trot is very pretty in a loose and flowy way. I keep thinking if she were a horse I'd love her gait.

Love my girl, perfect or not. She's a sweet, sweet puppy who has not attempted to murder or molest any more of my chickens in the past 3 weeks. I think that lesson was learned.

There's a big fireworks display tonight 2 houses over as they close down their gazebo for the winter (NO! Not that word!) so I expect to come home to a quaking Ellie and Daisy with 2 floppy ears again. Glad 2 of my 3 horses have passed on, they were all terrified of the fireworks nuts in the neighbourhood. Used to take it as an opportunity to break out of the pasture and just leave. Pedro, not being a hotblooded Arab, is reasonably ok with it and he can only hobble around anyway.

I'm going to slip some CBD oil into Ellie tonight, hopefully that and some ASMR dog music will take the edge off. I don't want Daisy picking up Ellie's neurosis.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1079.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	524877   Click image for larger version

Name:	10368907_10152446183146054_2394727671754932468_o.jpg
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	524879   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1081.jpg
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	524881  

Last edited by cvamoca; 08-31-2019 at 05:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page