Don't worry and enjoy the stages. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2012, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Don't worry and enjoy the stages.

I worried about Rio's ears since I got him. His ears finally came up at 4 months and 3 weeks old. My advice is to take lots of picks and enjoy the funky stages. Reading about dogs who's ears was up since they got their pup only adds to the worry. To ease people's minds who's pups ears have not stood yet. If your dog was or is a late bloomer, please share when your pups ears stood on their own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Elite Member

Our baby girl (yes that is what I call her) is only 4 months old. So each day is a new ear surprise Some days she will have two ears up, then the next day she may only have one ear up and one only half up

Thanks to many ear threads here I'm not getting worried and just enjoy wondering what kind of ear day we will have each morning

~ Dori ~

Koda: 14 yr old Samoyed
Nita: 7 yr old GSD
Ryder: 5 yr old Samoyed
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Crowned Member

My boys were at attention around 5-6 months. They were all over the place. He woke up one day with both ears up and I literally watched the one drop right in front of me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 05:45 PM
Elite Member

i joked with my breeder that i got a miniature german shepherd since her ears were up around 9 weeks... i said i wanted a puppy :P
honestly, i wish i had a funky ear stage, all i have is a little "wind blowing" her ears around..

i sure loved those crooked ears though

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Mar 19, 2011

Prince vom Gildaf "Charles" August 16, 2012
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliejujubean View Post
honestly, i wish i had a funky ear stage
The funky ear stages were fun But at the same time it was a time of worry. From everything I have read, if your pups ears are doing the dance and have been up at least for a little bit then there is a good chance they will stand on their own. Even though I read this numerous times and in many different places, the worry was still there. My pup was 4 1/2 months before his stood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page