Switching to PPP Sport 30/20 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Switching to PPP Sport 30/20

Xena was on Purina puppy from the breeder. Then I switched her to Fromm large breed puppy and now Fromm large breed adult. She is go go go non stop (unless it’s bed time or she’s in her kennel) so is fit, but I wouldn’t want her to lose any weight or I think she’d be to thin. Also, she has had liquid poops and going more frequently lately on the Fromm.

I’m considering switching to Purina Pro Plan Sport 30/20. Anyone have experience with it. I have bread good things, also a little more affordable...Then there is also 2 formulas of it (chicken or salmon) and experience of which may be better or should I rotate between the 2?

Also have heard good things about Purina Pro Plan Salmon sensitive skin/stomach. But thought that the sport may be a better option with how active ALL the time she is. 🙂

Thanks for any input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 02:02 PM
Crowned Member

I have been looking at Purina Pro Plan Sport to put in a larger rotation. I do hear good things about it. I also hear a few cardiologist feed this to their dogs. I am also looking at Annamet Ultra to add in rotation. Also added dehydrated beef patties.
http://www.annamaet.com/news/DCM_upd...lHNuA-ATPzN5l0

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 05:00 PM

I had mine on the chicken Sport when I first switched off grain free over a year ago. They did great but don't need that many calories anymore. They're on Pro Plan Savor now and doing very well.
I have used the sensitive skin formula in the past and liked it, but I'm happy with my girl's coat on the Savor. My male looks good with any of the foods.

Last edited by barnyard; 07-06-2019 at 05:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 04:31 PM

I had similar challenges using Fromm and tried a few more calorie dense diets since it was quite difficult to keep up with the sheer volume necessary for his activity level. My guy has been on the Purina Sport 30/20 chicken formula for a few months now and it seems to work quite well for him.

Rose
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 09:43 PM

You should look at Native NutraPro.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 12:43 AM
Crowned Member

I had tried Purina proplan sport chicken in a.rotation they all started itching-even the chihuahua. Switched back to fromm with stellas dehydrated beef and trying annamet and dr..tims for a.rotation.They enjoy the frozen raw pri mal patties twice a week.

Last edited by Jenny720; 08-01-2019 at 12:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page