New victor formula - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Colorado

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

New victor formula

Hey everyone.. Ive been feeding my 10 month old GSD Victor Nutra Pro since he was 8 weeks and hes been great. About 2 weeks ago we received a new bag with beef meal and blood meal swapped in the ingredient line. I know this shouldnt be a big deal but hes had diarrhea since that day. I called Victor and they said it cant be from the ingredient swap but I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue..

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 11:13 AM

There's been a lot of discussion about Victor kibble here:

https://www.germanshepherds.com/foru...-dog-food.html

Warning: That thread is long and gets a little off topic at times.
BlitzTheGSD likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 11:32 AM
Elite Member

It's easy and logical to blame the food, but with diarrhea that lasts more than a day or two I'd go to the vet. Something else of a different cause could have coincidentally started up same day you started a new food. Did you get a stool run on him at the vet? 2 weeks is a bit long to have the runs. I mean there is a good chance it is something changed about the food formula that does not agree with him, but it could also be other stuff. I'd explore that thoroughly. Hope he is better soon!

Valor 6/3/17
CGC BH AD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 6/3/17
Blitzen 2/21/19

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Yea I had him on rice and chicken for a few days and just started the kibble up again. If its starts back up were going to the vet. I give him the same treats he got as a pup and no human food at all so it was just weird how it started that same day, obviously he could have got to something in the yard or on a walk but I figured id ask to see if this was an issue anyone else was having.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 12:32 PM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Did you ease him over or just make the switch all at once? I eased over and had no trouble but the Hi Energy formula has Blood Meal lower down in the ingredient list than the Nutra Pro.

Nancy

-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

I didnt know it was the new formula of Nutra Pro, chewy just sent it when I was done with the last bag so there was no way to ease him over to it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 08:26 PM

Poor guy. I'd get a refund from Chewy and try something else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page