Attention to those who feed Victor Dog food - Page 10 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 69Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 96 (permalink) Unread 05-15-2019, 08:20 AM
Crowned Member

I have 2 dogs on it and a boarder on it. I assume mine are eating the new stuff....I'm honestly not sure but they go thru it pretty fast and I am always getting new bags from Chewy. Things have been so crazy I couldn't swear if the bag is different or not....?

My two and my boarder are doing great-- my boarder I suggested Victor to the owner to improve stools, and it has done that very well just like it did for my dogs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 96 (permalink) Unread 05-15-2019, 08:34 AM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny720 View Post
Thanks everyone.

It does make sense what Colorado mentioned. That is why it is important to go by how your dog looks and feels and overall health.
Fromm is a food I use in rotation it is a good company. The food has cheddar cheese listed pretty far down in the ingredient list so if it makes the food more edible and a good fatty acid I am okay with that.
Oh the cheese does not bother me. Just that people are all upset about blood meal (though I do gather some of the new hi pro formulas really use a lot of it); it is not so much in the classic formulas

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #93 of 96 (permalink) Unread 05-22-2019, 11:32 AM

Since ive started feeding the new Nutra Pro about 2 weeks ago my dog has had diarrhea. I talked to Victor who said the ingredient swap wouldnt cause that but his poops have been solid and dark since he was 8 weeks old and now just mush. I dont want to switch because every other food on the market is grain free, which I dont want to feed him, but if this lasts much longer I think im going to have to.

*I did call Victor and they told me all the blood meal is sourced from a local chicken farm

Last edited by BlitzTheGSD; 05-22-2019 at 11:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 96 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 08:12 AM
Crowned Member

Every brand of food has grain free and grain options at least that’s what I have seen. I know max got sick once on fromm pork option I also bought from a different pet store. Could of been coincidence and got into something, rancid bag or just food. I still feed fromm in addition just not the pork recipe. Had not had any issues since. It could of been coincidence and gotten into something, change ingredients, a rancid bag Keep us posted. I can see it may be important to save original bag for the switch even with their strong stomachs just to be safe. They are on the high pro plus Thanks! Hope your boy feels better.

Last edited by Jenny720; Yesterday at 08:22 AM.
post #95 of 96 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 02:09 PM

I know its grain free but whats the consensus on TOTW? Im thinking about possibly switching to the Pacific stream. We have a vet visit for Saturday so if they cant find any parasites or anything im going to switch the food up and see if that works.

N-Blitz Von Schneiden Fels
DOB: 7/19/18
post #96 of 96 (permalink) Unread Today, 06:26 PM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzTheGSD View Post
I know its grain free but whats the consensus on TOTW? Im thinking about possibly switching to the Pacific stream. We have a vet visit for Saturday so if they cant find any parasites or anything im going to switch the food up and see if that works.
I absolutely refuse to feed any Diamond Brands product anymore. Before one of the recalls I notified the company to a rancid batch of food that my dog would not eat and they told me it was "all good" well I trusted my dog more than the company and a month later that particular lot was part of a massive recall and horrible GMP issues in one of their facilities. I live in SC and I know that regulation is viewed pretty lightly down here.

Nancy

-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in