Trudog - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Mei
Master Member

Trudog

Anyone heard of Trudog freeze dried food? Good stuff? Food advisor gives it 5 stars apparantly.

Mei - DOB 1/15/2018
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 09:06 AM
Crowned Member

They must be catering to the Warren Buffets of the world. 14oz at 27.89 a bag, 21 bags a month for an 85lb dog.

https://shop.trudog.com/products/fee...nt=36056120452

Doc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 09:37 AM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Strom View Post
They must be catering to the Warren Buffets of the world. 14oz at 27.89 a bag, 21 bags a month for an 85lb dog.

https://shop.trudog.com/products/fee...nt=36056120452

WOW----sure would need to be wealthy to feed that....I thought it was odd I hadn't heard of it-now I know why...,darn near need a second mortgage if you're like me and have multiple large dogs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 09:40 AM
Crowned Member

I've used a similar food temporarily -- Nulo's freeze dried raw food. It was priced similarly (around $30 for a 13 oz bag). I needed it when my allergy dog was recovering from major surgery and had a hospital stay that lasted several days at a place that wouldn't accept his raw food. Having shelf-stable nuggets that didn't freak out the staff ended up being incredibly useful to me during that difficult time -- he was willing to eat it during his stay, which is saying a lot for a dog that goes off his food easily when he feels like crap. When you're already looking at a vet bill that will be multiple thousands of dollars, buying a few bags of this stuff to give to the hospital just feels like more of the same!

Freeze dried nuggets are HIGHLY appetizing for convalescing dogs -- so it's a good style of food to keep in mind for short-term feeding if you have a sick one (esp. one with allergies that doesn't have many options) or one that's regularly raw fed and sometimes goes off its food.

Freeze dried is always expensive because so much meat is condensed inside it -- and the process itself is expensive (same reason freeze-dried fruit for humans is a lot of dollars for a little-bitty packet). Feeding it regularly to a big dog would be outrageously expensive -- at that point, you ought to be looking at Ziwi Peak instead (also dried-raw, but a jerky style air-dried food) or its competitors (like Only Natural Pet's Max Meat), as there's more bang for the buck...which is a weird thing to say about jerky-style food, as it's very expensive too.

Last edited by Magwart; 02-15-2019 at 09:45 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Mei
Master Member

All great information thanks! Thanks for naming some alternate options. I haven't bought any of the food yet, just a few bags of the food "toppers". Think it was called Boostme. Ya, I looked at the food and it said 14oz. That's not even a lb.! But like someone mentioned, it's a lot of condensed freeze dried meat.

Mei - DOB 1/15/2018
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Mei
Master Member

The Boostme food toppers came in the mail. I let Mei open the box and she loved doing that!

I put 2 tbsp on top of her food and she loved it. Haven't seen her finish off her bowl this quick since she used to inhale it as a small puppy! I'll probably do 4 tbsp a day, 2 at each meal. We'll see how long these little bags will last.

Mei - DOB 1/15/2018
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Mei
Master Member

Ya, so one bag with recommended 2 tbsp with each serving....
One bag looks like it will last 3 days...

Mei - DOB 1/15/2018
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page