Kibble in Canada/Ontario. Need help - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2S1H

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Kibble in Canada/Ontario. Need help

Long, Long story, short, need suggestions on a quality, yet not break the bank, kibble available in Canada, more specific available in Ontario & I prefer not to have to order/ship if possible.

I am so exhausted at researching & finding food that works for us only to have it discontinued or formula changes (without notice or warning) I’ve had 2 brands change formulas on me in the last 6 months. The grit & grime I am dealing with now in this change is unbelievable!

Diva has Megaesophagus. She’s 10 & has had Megaesophagus from birth, so apparently, we are doing something right to keep her going, but just seems every time we find a food that works…Ugh!!!

Her kibble is soaked then blended into a smooth slurry, probably not what most have to deal with but if you’ve had even to soak food for a young pup, that helps too.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

(I have a picture of her to add but its not working! go figure!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 10:54 PM
Crowned Member

I feed First Mate. I have been using it for years and it's way cheaper then other kibbles of similar quality.

It's made in BC, sold across Canada, privately owned company, one plant and never a recall. Their customer service is knowledgeable and caring. Global Petfood sells it and I have found 3 privately owned stores that are carrying it as well. Not sure where you are, but I am getting it pretty easily in rural areas.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

you were one of the people i was hoping to respond to this. I know you now are somewhere in Northern Ontario. I am in Sault Ste. Marie.

I do have a store in town that "should be" Global affiliate store, right down the road. I'll have to check to see if they carry the food.

Problem being that....the workers aren't quite, well, service oriented, hence why I usually travel further to buy my food at different stores
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 12:15 AM
Crowned Member

I have been able to get it in Beaverton and Timmins. I simply went in to the local petstore and asked. Both stores I got it from are privately owned.
And just in case it helps I have soaked this food and it blends down pretty nice. Sick dogs are great for the creativity
Let me know if I can help.

Paw n Pet food in Sault Ste Marie apparently carries the cat food which means they can order it. Hope that helps.

Last edited by Sabis mom; 01-25-2019 at 12:25 AM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

I totally forgot about that store! Thanks so much for the information.
Sabis mom likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page