Insect Diet for Dogs - Page 5 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 55Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 09:34 AM
Crowned Member

The livestock focus lacks thought in my opinion. How many bison and buffalo roamed that same area compared to the population of cattle now? How much land with vegetation have we destroyed? It's all connected. Go plant a tree or two instead.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 09:36 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by car2ner View Post
Lets not turn this into a global warming debate. Avoid that rabbit trail and please stick with the idea that bugs might be a decent meal.
To be fair, the original post brought up climate change. It wasn't introduced as a response
Sabis mom likes this.

post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 10:53 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
To be fair, the original post brought up climate change. It wasn't introduced as a response
Lol, the whole premise of the article and the diet is to help "climate change". I wonder what they did 36,000 years ago? It was changing then too. I just put in some LED bulbs though, so my dogs are still going to eat meat. Its been mitigated.
Heidigsd and Jax08 like this.

Doc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 11:16 AM

If we still numbered just a billion or so people, I wouldn't be super concerned about my dogs eating human-grade meat. Traffic wouldn't be too bad, either... but we don't, and I think alternative protein sources is a cool concept.

Remember, we humans numbered under 1 billion for almost all of human history. From roughly the industrial revolution to now we've gone from just 1 billion to now nearly 8 billion. A billion is 1,000 million... it's a whole lot more humans! And, with humans come our companion animals- dogs. More and more of us are keeping multiple dog these days, too. I'd like to try to reduce my impact as much as possible. I'm cool with cricket protein powder and with my dogs eating bug protein if that makes a difference. Especially if it could be less expensive.
Jax08 and Sabis mom like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page