Fromm Classic - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Fromm Classic

Has anyone had a dog on Fromm Classic, and if so, how did it feed out? Even better, how did the feed-out compare to Gold or Four Star if you've fed other Fromm products?

I've never focused on the Classic as we just always fed Four Star since we started with Fromm....and I thought their "entry level" food must be a lower quality food due to the big price difference between it and Four Star. However, an email from Fromm just reminded me that Classic is their one food with no peas OR potatoes (not even sweet potatoes). That made me take a look at it for the first time.

It has a simpler ingredient list than Four Star, but the foundation is still very similar. It's over $18 per bag cheaper...and you get 3 more pounds. There's only a 1% difference protein, and 18 fewer calories difference per cup from Four Star Chicken a la Veg. The difference looks like it is mostly a bit of fruit and veg added to the Four Star, plus a bit chicken cartilage and herring. There's also nicer packaging in the Four Star. But for $18? Say what?!

I'm now wondering if I should have had Classic in the Fromm rotation all along for the dogs that do well on chicken and rice. I'd love to hear some experiences feeding it.

Fromm Classic Ingredients:
Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Pearled Barley, Oatmeal, White Rice, Chicken Fat, Menhaden Fish Meal, Dried Whole Egg, Beet Pulp, Cheese, Flaxseed, Brewers Dried Yeast, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Calcium Sulfate, DL-Methionine, L-Tryptophan, Taurine, Chicory Root Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Sodium Selenite, Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Vitamins, Minerals, Probiotics.

• Crude Protein 23% MIN
  • Crude Fat 15% MIN
  • Crude Fiber 4% MAX
  • Moisture 10% MAX
  • Omega 3 Fatty Acids 0.5% MIN
  • Omega 6 Fatty Acids 2.4% MIN

vs. Four Star Chicken a La Veg Ingredients:
Chicken, Chicken Meal, Pearled Barley, Oatmeal, Sweet Potatoes, Brown Rice, White Rice, Dried Whole Egg, Menhaden Fish Meal, Millet, Chicken Fat, Dried Tomato Pomace, Safflower Oil, Herring Meal, Cheese, Flaxseed, Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Apples, Green Beans, Chicken Cartilage, Potassium Chloride, Cranberries, Blueberries, Salt, Monocalcium Phosphate, Chicory Root Extract, Alfalfa Sprouts, Calcium Sulfate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Sodium Selenite, Folic Acid, Taurine, Parsley, Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Vitamins, Minerals, Probiotics.
  • Crude Protein 24% MIN
  • Crude Fat 15% MIN
  • Crude Fiber 5% MAX
  • Moisture 10% MAX
  • Omega 3 Fatty Acids0.5% MIN
  • Omega 6 Fatty Acids2.6% MIN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 07:24 PM
Crowned Member

I can’t use it because of chicken but it looks like a quality food. You could add some fruits and vegetables if that bothers you. I use 4 Star because I have only two dogs. If I was feeding many dogs, I would switch to something like this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 08:02 AM
Crowned Member

Thanks I will try this in rotation and see how I like it. I like that it has no potatoes. It’s about $7 cheaper then the gold and same amount of protein.
https://frommfamily.com/products/dog...eed-adult-gold

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Jenny720; 12-08-2018 at 08:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page