Who Has Best Price On Turkey? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Who Has Best Price On Turkey?

Looking to top up the freezer with turkey for the dogs.

Who has the best price right now? Also, has anyone seen any health issues with turkey this season?

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Free Turkey for Thanksgiving 2018: Best Cheap Turkey Deals | Money

A lot of them in this area have a limit of one per person per visit. If you're wanting to really fill the freezer, take a lap around town and hit the same stores a few days in a row on the way home from work.

Also, have a list of non-perishable items in mind that you want to stock up on. A lot of local stores will have great turkey prices, but you have to make a separate $20 - $50 purchase. I use turkey week to stock up on olive oil, coconut oil, etc.... pricey things I'll use and need throughout the year anyway. Know what your baseline price is for those items so you don't accidentally overpay and negate the turkey savings.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 02:33 PM
Administrator

ETA, don't hesitate to ask the meat counter staff if they have extra necks, livers, gizzards behind the counter. They tend to chop up a lot of whole turkeys to sell legs/thighs/split breasts to people who don't want the whole bird.

Sometimes you can get excellent deals on the rest of the bird. They usually only put a few out in the case, but the rest is there for the buying, if you ask.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 02:35 PM
Crowned Member

My local grocer is getting 69 cents a pound currently........

My only concern might be the amount of sodium they inject into the self basting turkeys......seems like a lot of poultry is shot up/plumping with a salt solution.......I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of kibble has a fair amount of salt in it as well....I believe they suggest some is beneficial .......maybe .3%......

I use turkey at times......but never get carried away with using very much when it's the "junkie" turkey.

Others in here would know more.....

SuperG

Hündin 32CACT, 2334CSAT, 2016 GAA 2.85
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page