Cbd oil - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Cbd oil

Hello I have been reading and seeing videos of many health benefits regarding CBD OIL and was just wondering if anyone here is using it or any opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 03:13 PM

Are you talking human's or doggies. YES I tried it for a bit and now I just stopped to see if I notice any difference.

My dog takes sh-emp oil
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

I'm talking about for dogs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 05:09 PM
Knighted Member

I have a friend who gave CBD to his dog. It is a hound mix that started exhibiting some odd behaviors after they had a new baby. This dog was always standoffish, but not overly nervous around dogs or people, it just showed no interest in any contact with them, and whenever I saw it, it was always right near its owner. After they had their baby, the dog started snapping at their other dog, acting more nervous in general, and resource guarding.

Within 3 days of starting CBD the dog was transformed! He stopped his resource guarding, started playing with other dogs and greeting people, and just seemed so much more relaxed and at ease! Yesterday I saw the dog and it avoided me, clinging once again near its owner. I joked that it must be off its CBD, and sure enough the owner indicated that he had been throttling back the dosage to find the dog's minimum threshold for it...again, it was like night and day with this particular dog. But he's the only dog that I know personally in his before and after stages. For him CBD is really a Godsend!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain

Tim
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 05:52 PM
Crowned Member

a friend of mine is using it on a senior with a herniated disc. It's amazing the difference it made over the summer.
Another friend uses it for a senior with arthritis in her back. She says it is making a difference.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 05:57 PM

i have a couple of friends with senior corgis that say it makes a big difference in their mobility and energy. I know one of the dogs is about 15.

~ Diane ~

CARLY ......... Ch. Lauremi's No Reservations (AKC GCh pointed, HIC)
SCARLET ..... Lauremi's Almost Wasn't (AKC pointed)
and absent friends... SAGE ~ Lauremi's Whim Z v Jakmar ~ AKC major ptd, HIC ~ 2010-2015
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 10:38 AM
Administrator

@voodoolamb wrote a really excellent detailed thread, which you can read here:

https://www.germanshepherds.com/foru...anagement.html

If you have questions about any of her writeup you can try PM'ing her, she's been on quite the journey with one of her dogs, and she does a thorough job looking into the science behind buzzwords and trends.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 11:07 AM

I had a German Shepherd mix with arthritis, I ordered CBD dog treats for him and noticed a difference in him. Whether it helped with pain, inflammation, or both I noticed his mobility became better. About 2 months after I started using them for his arthritis we found out he had bone cancer, eventually the pain from that was too much so we added on nerve blockers, pain medicine, and an anti inflammatory. I kept giving him the CBD treats, even though with his cancer I could no longer tell if the CBD was actually helping I knew it had before. I figured it was worth the money if it helped in any way at all. Whether it was pain, delaying the spread of the cancer, or his mental state. It was worth every bit of the money. I have since recommended it to others going through similar situations. I miss my dog so much. But, I am thankful that there was a point where he could enjoy a treat he loved and feel better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page