Poll: what do you feed your 1 year olds? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Post Poll: what do you feed your 1 year olds?

Just a survey! I am curious to see what other people are feeding their year-old pups!

My little girl Adelis is almost 1 year and 2 months old and I'm trying to get a consensus of what most people feed their dogs at her age. She has a little bit of Husky in her so I am open to adjusting her feed based on this, but she's mostly GSD so that's the predominant factor in my decision.

If you currently have a GSD that is close to her age, please comment with how much food you give your dog per day, and how much your dog weighs!

If not, feel free to comment how much food you gave your dog when they WERE her age, along with their weight at the time. You can also provide generalized advice.

Thank you in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 04:00 PM

I started out with puppy/ active adult and I still feed that, but adjust the amount depending on how active we are that day as well as how many training treats we used. It is not an exact science at my house but so far my guys have been doing well with this. I use a decent grade kibble, some decent canned food as a topper but only a bit, a quality treat without a load of sugar and salt (unless it is a hot dog kinda day), a boiled egg each day and a carrot / celery stick / bully stick and some all natural peanut butter in a kong bone.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 04:34 PM
Crowned Member

Fromm adult.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 05:07 PM
Crowned Member

Poll: what do you feed your 1 year olds?

I started out with the large breed Fromm gold puppy and around 14 months switched to Fromm four star grain free just to try something different and liked results. I also will add either primal goats milk raw, an egg, plain yogurt or meat from dinner or Stella’s or primals dehydrated beef patties. They do like the honest kitchen when I add dehydrated patties to and feed that every now and then. I know there is a promotion at my local feed store buy 12 bags get same size bag for free. Also Black Friday they offer a free 5lb bag coupon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Jenny720; 03-20-2018 at 05:13 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 05:28 PM
Elite Member

Purina 1 Large Breed Puppy and now Purina 1 Adult. Its grown up a big fine healthy GSD, no problems.

He prayeth well who loveth well
Both man and bird and beast;
He prayeth best who loveth best
All creatures great and small;
For the dear God who loveth us,
He made and loveth All.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 05:44 PM
Master Member

How much you need to feed per day can vary significantly depending on the nutritional and caloric content of the food that you feed.

My male is a little over 11 months old and a little over 78 pounds. He eats a little over 2 cups a day plus treats throughout the day. I feed a high calorie, nutritionally dense, All Life Stages food. He was slowly transitioned from the large breed puppy food he came home on to the All Life Stages food almost as soon as he came home with us at 8 weeks of age.

My 6 year old, 80ish pound female (she's a big girl, lol) is fed the same ALS food as the puppy. She eats a little under 2 cups a day,plus treats throughout the day.

Tom
Omen v Wolfstraum
Jasmine Katie v Doolanshaus
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 06:43 PM
Crowned Member

Good quality adult kibble, rotating brands, in the morning and raw at night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page