Lawsuit Filed Against Acana and Orijen - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 10:53 AM
Crowned Member

bigger and more important impact would be to take on the entire food industry.

Get the ANTIBIOTICS out of meat that YOU and your dog consume.

Enjoy chicken again.

Carmen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 10:55 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
The dog food companies won't knowingly endanger pets to save money, because doing so would be bad PR and lead to losses of revenue and consumer trust. Pet products are a huge market, and while it's always a good idea for pet owners to do their own research, sometimes they need a little background in science to get the most (and most correct information) out of what's made available.
Except that Iams refused a recall until they were ordered to do so, long after they knew that batches were contaminated and killing animals.
BB similarly has been in the hot seat for years now, and has done nothing.

Consumers are prone to falling for marketing campaigns, it's a problem.

I don't eat much in the way of packaged or processed food because I don't trust it. And since I don't have the knowledge or the money to feed raw, I rely on some integrity with these dog food companies and it seems sadly lacking.
Momto2GSDs and Mudypoz like this.
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 11:15 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
bigger and more important impact would be to take on the entire food industry.

Get the ANTIBIOTICS out of meat that YOU and your dog consume.

Enjoy chicken again.
Hormones are added as well. And all the High Fructose corn syrup and its anonymous names they use to disguise it that's in mostly everything people eat in the USA. Than we have Glycol that the FDA allows. Add in all the dyes in most foods and we have some pretty unhealthy foods here. I have to use a magnifying glass to study everything I buy at a supermarket.

https://www.mensjournal.com/food-dri...ball-20141029/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 11:55 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr16 View Post
Hormones are added as well. And all the High Fructose corn syrup and its anonymous names they use to disguise it that's in mostly everything people eat in the USA. Than we have Glycol that the FDA allows. Add in all the dyes in most foods and we have some pretty unhealthy foods here. I have to use a magnifying glass to study everything I buy at a supermarket.

https://www.mensjournal.com/food-dri...ball-20141029/
oh yes -- propylene glycol --- anti freeze in food .
hormones - glyphosphate residue from that monster roundup -- in case you do
not know https://www.canceractive.com/cancer-...nk.aspx?n=3426

this kibble company prides itself on using locally sourced ingredients -- so what does that say

with other companies they are all at the mercy of vitamin pre-mix packs which they all source
from China
Momto2GSDs likes this.

Carmen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I've opened a thread to discuss pet food/treat regulations in Canada.

If anyone has information about this, please share on that thread.
Thanks!

https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...regulated.html
post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 01:20 PM
Master Member

Iím just amazed that the company filing this lawsuit against Champion states Pedigree as a 5 star pet food.

As mentioned previously, you can file a lawsuit for anything. Doesnít make it truthful or accurate. But it certainly does hurt image when people donít do the research and learn what is actually happening.

The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.

Kona
2017/03/19

"Ryka" Joule von Wendelin
post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 01:32 PM
Crowned Member

Yeah I know stuff can easily happen and it does effect image. a tough business but hopefully this gets worked out. It is why though I am hesitant on using other foods only to mix it up a bit. I know there foods with more proteins and less peas, potatoes but I do trust Fromm and just add some fresh food in or dehydrated patties. I also there food choices up with honest kitchen at times. It is scary out there and all the things in food not to mention water and air is all nutty.

Last edited by Jenny720; 03-20-2018 at 01:46 PM.
post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 02:10 PM

Iams likely did a cost-benefit analysis and decided they'd have to be forced into an expensive recall rather than do it voluntarily. What was the contaminant and how was it killing animals? And when did this incident you describe happen?

Yes, consumers do rely on the integrity of companies producing pet foods and the robustness of their quality systems. We (consumers) always have to do our own risk analyses, weighing trust vs convenience, looking for evidence of quality product in the health of our pets. Luckily, most times all goes well. In the rare instances where it doesn't, results can be devastating.
post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 02:20 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Iams likely did a cost-benefit analysis and decided they'd have to be forced into an expensive recall rather than do it voluntarily. What was the contaminant and how was it killing animals? And when did this incident you describe happen?

Yes, consumers do rely on the integrity of companies producing pet foods and the robustness of their quality systems. We (consumers) always have to do our own risk analyses, weighing trust vs convenience, looking for evidence of quality product in the health of our pets. Luckily, most times all goes well. In the rare instances where it doesn't, results can be devastating.
I believe 2007, melamine contamination if I remember, subsequent lawsuit revealed that for months they were aware of the issue and had paid off some people to evade a lawsuit but never issued a recall or fixed the problem as it was not in their own words a widespread enough problem to make it cost effective. Cheaper to pay the grieving owners.
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 08:59 PM

I think I remember this and a few other issues with Melamine contamination, mainly from Chinese products. Paying off people is never a good sign!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page