Blue Buffalo Sells To General Mills! - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By Ken Clean-Air System

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Blue Buffalo Sells To General Mills!

Another one bites the dust!

General Mills, The Minneapolis-based food manufacturer, and maker of the famous breakfast cereal, has reached a deal to acquire Blue Buffalo Pet Products for about $8 billion.

The acquisition catapults General Mills into the growing market for natural pet foods made with what it called "wholesome" ingredients.

Wilton, Conn.-based Blue Buffalo sells a wide variety of pet food products, including veterinary diet goods, for a total of $1.275 billion in sales in 2017.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/02/23/general-mills-blue-buffalo-pet-products/366258002/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2GSDs View Post
Another one bites the dust!

General Mills, The Minneapolis-based food manufacturer, and maker of the famous breakfast cereal, has reached a deal to acquire Blue Buffalo Pet Products for about $8 billion.

The acquisition catapults General Mills into the growing market for natural pet foods made with what it called "wholesome" ingredients.

Wilton, Conn.-based Blue Buffalo sells a wide variety of pet food products, including veterinary diet goods, for a total of $1.275 billion in sales in 2017.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/02/23/general-mills-blue-buffalo-pet-products/366258002/
Gah! Are you kidding me? I just finally got my boys poop in the perfect place on Blue Wilderness LB puppy Really hope I am not going to have to go through food roulette again
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 09:23 PM
Crowned Member

Once BB went into the grocery store market, it was clear they were setting up an acquisition by ramping up revenue and growth.

GM has been on a natural foods brand-buying binge for a long time. Cascadian Farms Organic, Muir Glen, and Larabar have been GM-owned for years. They apparently want to position fast-growing pet food into their natural brands portfolio because sales of processed human are stalling.

I expect even more of this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 09:39 PM
Master Member

Blue Buffalo has been kind of shady for years, in my opinion. They were bought out by a big investment firm a bunch of years ago (can't remember specifics) and went quickly downhill after that. Ended up settling (or maybe losing?) a lawsuit about misrepresenting ingredients on packaging or some such... I'm not surprised to hear a big mega-corporation is buying them now.

If you feed it and your dogs do well, I would stick with it and keep an eye on changes in quality or ingredients....and watch for recalls, but that goes for any food, really.
Bramble, Sabis mom and JaxsMom like this.

Tom
Omen v Wolfstraum
Jasmine Katie v Doolanshaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page