montmorillonite bentonite dosage and sources for dogs - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

montmorillonite bentonite dosage and sources for dogs

Hi there!
Gandalf has been doing so much better on the raw food, we are now looking to switch him to MPC in another month or two (to add some fat for his skin, and save us some money hopefully) and i'll be adding supplements along with hopefully a bentonite clay. Our vet recommended the clay for Gandalf as his blood levels indicated high heavy metal toxicity. The clay is naturally supposed to detox his system of these harsh metals. What I really liked about his Natures Instinct food is they actually have this already mixed into his raw rabbit! I read it is also supposed to help with IBD and diarrhea.. and well I can't argue with results. Does anyone know a good source to get this montomorillonite bentonite clay as well as the proper dosage for our now 70 lb GSD?
Thanks again for all your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 04:04 PM
Crowned Member

"Calcium Bentonite (Calcium Montmorillonite) is different from SODIUM Bentonite.
Calcium Bentonite
Calcium Bentonite, also called Calcium Montmorillonite. They contain more Calcium then Sodium. It is the rarest of Smectites.
Natural Calcium Bentonite that is a green clay, is well-known for its healing and curative powers because of its high adsorption and absorption powers. It can be used for external use. But, most importantly, this healing clay is extremely good when taken internally, for detoxing and removing toxins.
It is alkaline with a pH of 8 or 9 and above, and is tasteless and has no smell. It is also a smooth, non-gritty clay."

Give 1/4 tsp clay for each 20 lbs of weight. This applies to both humans and dogs. Sometimes using clays internally can cause rapid detox, which can result in constipation or diarrhea. Begin with a reduced amount and work up to recommended doses so as not to upset the gut.

I've done some research and this is the one I now keep on hand:
Calcium Montmorillonite Clay:
Ion-Min Terramin: 2 lb. package from amazon $37: https://www.amazon.com/Terramin-Powder-Calcium-Montmorillonte-Minerals/dp/B00JB2JARM/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1484131668&sr =1-1&keywords=Ion-Min+Terramin
1 pound: $23 https://www.amazon.com/Ion-Charged-M...BKY4TB7PTH1VE3

Moms
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2GSDs View Post
"Calcium Bentonite (Calcium Montmorillonite) is different from SODIUM Bentonite.
Calcium Bentonite
Calcium Bentonite, also called Calcium Montmorillonite. They contain more Calcium then Sodium. It is the rarest of Smectites.
Natural Calcium Bentonite that is a green clay, is well-known for its healing and curative powers because of its high adsorption and absorption powers. It can be used for external use. But, most importantly, this healing clay is extremely good when taken internally, for detoxing and removing toxins.
It is alkaline with a pH of 8 or 9 and above, and is tasteless and has no smell. It is also a smooth, non-gritty clay."

Give 1/4 tsp clay for each 20 lbs of weight. This applies to both humans and dogs. Sometimes using clays internally can cause rapid detox, which can result in constipation or diarrhea. Begin with a reduced amount and work up to recommended doses so as not to upset the gut.

I've done some research and this is the one I now keep on hand:
Calcium Montmorillonite Clay:
Ion-Min Terramin: 2 lb. package from amazon $37: https://www.amazon.com/Terramin-Powder-Calcium-Montmorillonte-Minerals/dp/B00JB2JARM/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1484131668&sr =1-1&keywords=Ion-Min+Terramin
1 pound: $23 https://www.amazon.com/Ion-Charged-M...BKY4TB7PTH1VE3

Moms
Thank you moms!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 06:32 PM
Crowned Member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page