Annamaet wins! - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ken Clean-Air System

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2017, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Annamaet wins!

I spent DAYS researching dog food brands extensively... based on my research and on my vet's recommendation I narrowed it down to a few grain-free, corn-free, GMO free formulas that are made in the USA.

I was looking at Annamaet, TOTW, Fromm, and Acana.

I contacted Annamaet about their Large Breed Puppy formulas and I received a detailed answer on which formulas would be best for my pup and why. They also offered to send samples!

Just a few days later I received a huge package with these formulas!! Wow!!

Just wanted to share - the price is reasonable and the formulas are All Life Stages. Definitely glad I contacted them!!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2017, 05:05 PM
Crowned Member

Does Annamaet own their own plant? If not, do you know who their co-packer is?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2017, 05:20 PM
Master Member

Annamaet is privately owned company, still owned and operated by the family that founded it. Their food is produced by Ohio Pet Foods, who also manufactures Dr. Tim's among others. Ohio Pet Foods is privately owned and has never had a recall on any of their products. Excellent manufacturer, in my opinion.
VTBunny likes this.

Tom
Omen v Wolfstraum
Jasmine Katie v Doolanshaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2017, 06:48 PM
Crowned Member

If I did not feed raw, Annamaet is the way I would go. I fed it to my golden as part of a weight loss program and it worked wonderfully. It's the food I would recommend by far. Good choice.

Misty- Samoyed Mix, Tannor- Golden Retriever CGC
Robyn- GSD CGC, TC, Midnite-GSD CGC,TC, Brennan-Golden Retriever CGC, Batman-Husky/Greyhound , Apollo-GSD
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 01:12 PM

i have fed Orijen and Acana when they were selling the canadian produced food, i have also tried the Farmina N&D, and Fromm. All are quality foods IMO. I have just switched my dog to Annamaet's Manitok formula and he loves it. I really like the company and the bag has an airtight, ziplock sealer t okeep the food air tight after it is opened which I can't believe no one else uses. He loves the feed, he has loved them all, but I think I will stick with Annamaet for awhile. He had some diarrea on the farmina but that couldve been do to the raw he was getting in addition to the farmina. I will bring raw back in slowly and see if he gets it again. I also feed raw goats milk and raw cows milk kefir to help provide him probiotics. Fromm, even their grain free, uses too many legume sources for protein IMO. The catalyst for the switch was Chewy dropping Fromm.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 07:30 AM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRGSD56 View Post
di have fed Orijen and Acana when they were selling the canadian produced food, i have also tried the Farmina N&D, and Fromm. All are quality foods IMO. I have just switched my dog to Annamaet's Manitok formula and he loves it. I really like the company and the bag has an airtight, ziplock sealer t okeep the food air tight after it is opened which I can't believe no one else uses. He loves the feed, he has loved them all, but I think I will stick with Annamaet for awhile. He had some diarrea on the farmina but that couldve been do to the raw he was getting in addition to the farmina. I will bring raw back in slowly and see if he gets it again. I also feed raw goats milk and raw cows milk kefir to help provide him probiotics. Fromm, even their grain free, uses too many legume sources for protein IMO. The catalyst for the switch was Chewy dropping Fromm.
Actually Fromm dropped Chewy after Petsmart bought Chewy (Acana and Orijen also stopped selling on Chewy). These brands are trying to support specialty retailers and not big box stores like Petsmart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page