Purina Pro Plan Sport - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 10:05 AM

yeap, we do feed with Purina Pro Plan Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 07:55 AM

I have been using Purina Pro Plan for large puppies. For our puppy this is the best puppy food . This is what the breeder was using but I also bought a too larger bag then I realised so kept it. Our puppy licks the bowl clean every time.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 10:19 AM

Pro Plan is a great food. There are a lot of great foods. There are also people who will say its full of fillers and crap ingredients but the fact is that Purina has been around for a long time, employs veterinary nutritionists, and conducts feeding trials to prove the safety and balance of their diets. Only a few companies actually do that, the others being Royal Canin, Eukanuba, and Hills. While I do feed Victor, I also will throw in some RC and Euk. Most foods out there arent formulated by veterinary nutritionists and have zero feeding trials proving their safety.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 10:24 AM
Crowned Member

This is so true. I know people who feed Purina proplan breeders a vet who switched from raw to Purina proplan and her dogs looked just as good - a vet to I might add. It is hard to look at those ingredients but the trials and veterinary nutritionist that back these foods does speak volumes. Food is confusing you just have to go by how your dog looks and health.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 10:34 AM

I know quite a few people that are going back to Purina after the DCM scare. I've met a few dogs on Pro Plan Sport 30/20 and they look good. I'm transitioning to Sensitive Skin and Stomach with my two to see how they do.

+ Kalbi CGC 6/21/2015
+ Blackthorn's Out of the Frying Pan NW1 ORT SEN SCN BCAT SIN RATN TKN (Katsu) 9/12/2017
+ Blackthorn's Skofnung CGC TKN RATI RATO (Steel) 07/23/2018
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 05:37 PM
Master Member

My girl is currently on PPP SSS. I tried FirstMate given the DCM scare as I was feeding Acana, but she was constantly biting herself and itching non-stop. She also was disinterested in the food, which is super rare for her. She'd walk away from her bowl with it being only partially eaten when she's the kind of dog to lick it clean afterwards.

I'm still on the fence about it. Morally, I've been against super large food companies because I'm always concerned about ethics. But so far, I have no complaints in terms of my girl. She loves the food (Salmon recipe) and is back to licking the bowl clean. She isn't biting or itching herself non-stop, and I did a hard switch too. No slow integration. Poops are 100% normal, same size, same frequency. My SIL's Golden breeder feeds her dogs PPP Focus and her dog's grandmother is still kicking and healthy at almost 15 years old. A great feat for a Golden given their incidence rates of cancer and other ailments.

The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.

Kona
2017/03/19

"Ryka" Joule von Wendelin
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 05:45 PM

We are on purina pro plan sport 30/20 salmon recipe, and mine loves it. His coat is soft, his stools are normal when he’s eating it, etc. i was torn between royal canin and proplan but went with proplan and haven’t stopped feeding it to him since 8 weeks. Have been interested in Victor but because he’s doing so well, i don’t see a point to just change his diet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	03FC5D8F-14C0-4643-9BFF-94104A093BDD_1549493091637.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	517875  
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 06:26 PM

No. I don't like that Purina uses menadione, a controversial form of vitamin K linked to liver toxicity, allergies and the abnormal break-down of red blood cells.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page