German Shepherds Forum banner

Royal Jelly/ Kelp powder for Shedding

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Tambasco 
#1 ·
I was told that Royal Jelly and or Kelp powder would help to stop the excessive shedding. Has anyone had any experiences with either one of these products?

#2 ·
Haven't heard of Royal Jelly for this but they do use it in dog shampoos.

Kelp has a lot of iodine in it and your dog food probably does too. So this could cause an imbalance.

I would try Krill oil or Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (no gmo's, no hexane).

Krill liquid: Krill Oil For Pets - Mercola.com

Krill gel caps: Krill Oil capsules (180 per bottle): 1 bottle - Mercola.com

Make sure you start out at a reduced rate and work up to recommended dose or the dog could get a gut upset.

Moms:)

#3 · (Edited)
royal jelly is very expensive , and should be kept frozen . We have apiarists at our weekly organic market .

I have royal jelly in the freezer , and propolis in the fridge to use in those moments when a bit of an immune boost is needed . Knock on wood so far so good in spite of this endless miserable winter !

My daughter and I supported apiarists in a movement against importation of adulterated , anti biotic trace carrying Chinese honey -- which is much more available than you think , one product with the initials B B .

a good source of usuable protein and a good source of trace and micro minerals builds a luxurious coat .

royal jelly would be a source of biotin , so would seeds , so would eggs with the egg white .

#4 ·
We use coconut and salmon oil to add to the food and everyone asks me how I got my pup to have such a beautiful coat. The shedding is not bad at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.