German Shepherds Forum banner

anyone have problems with Doggiefood.com?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Ken Clean-Air System 
#1 ·
I've had several shipping issues with Doggiefood.com, but I keep ordering from them because of the free shipping. But with my last order, they sent me a bag of food that was a month past its best-buy date, ie expired. I emailed them about the expired bag, and they never even responded. I'm not very happy about their lack of customer service. What would you do if they sent you an old bag of food?

#2 ·
I was using them for awhile - never had any problems with them, but their prices just kept creeping up and they were no longer cheaper than buying locally. I shopped around and found much better prices at Chewy.com, who also have terrific customer service.

Shortly after I started ordering from Chewy (might have even been my first order), there was a shortage of Orijen due to a fire at the plant that destroyed one of their ovens and decreased production. I had ordered a large bagsof two different formulas, and they only had the smallest bags in stock. They advised me of the delay, and I told them I would be okay as long as they could ship within a couple of weeks. They decided to go ahead and send me several smaller bags in place of the large bags, for the same price. I actually ended up with several pounds of food for free, because the total weight of the small bags was more than the weight of a single large bag. Score!

How old was the food?

ETA: Oh, and the total price for a bag of 6 Fish and a bag of Adult was around $50 less than Doggiefood.com's prices.

#4 ·
I have been using doggiefood.com since they started advertising here....but have been dismayed that the prices have been creeping up until they are the same as local....the delivery has been a godsend as I haven't been able to carry around bags tho....but I will check out chewy too

Lee

#6 ·
Here's a price comparison for the food I buy (28.6 pound bags):

Doggiefood
Orijen 6 Fish $173.99
Orijen Adult $ 85.99
Total $259.98

Chewy
Orijen 6 Fish $ 84.99
Orijen Adult $ 70.99
Total $155.98

Holy crap, Doggiefood went up again, it's now a difference of $104.00!

#7 ·
That's really odd ... I just got a bag of Regional Red from Doggiefood.com, it arrived today and was ordered 4/15. At the time I ordered it was $88.49 and they had a coupon code for 17% off, so my total was $73.45. Checking now, that bag is listed at $98.49 ... a jump of $10 in 4 days. The Six Fish at $173.99, I believe, is a mistake. The price shows at $84.99 until you select the bag size (28.6 lb. is all that shows as available), when you pick the size the price doubles for some reason.

That said, I've had good luck with both Chewy.com and doggiefood.com (wag.com too, but they charge me tax) so I'll go with whichever is cheaper ... which is almost always chewy.com unless doggiefood.com has a good coupon code. They both have free shipping over a certain dollar amount, are both tax free for me, and they both (in my experience) have very good customer service.

#8 ·
The last time I checked Doggiefood.com before switching to Chewy they had the large bag of 6 Fish at around $125.00. I don't remember exactly what the Adult was, but I do remembered that the 6 Fish at Chewy was very close to Doggiefood's price for the Adult, which it still is, at just a dollar difference.

#9 ·
I actually emailed doggiefood's customer service a while back about their prices on the Orijen formulas. Their response was that Champion frowns on discounting their foods, so they justify the higher prices by saying that they purposely inflate the prices so when you apply one of their many coupon codes the price for Orijen then comes down to the price that other stores sell the product for ... Or something along those lines.

Needless to say, I usually buy from chewy. Once in a while though, through price + coupon code, doggiefood does end up have the better price so I will go through them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.