Earthborn holistic primitive natural - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Earthborn holistic primitive natural

Hi,

At present we live in Egypt. We have a puppy who is now 15 weeks old. At present we feed her royal canin maxi junior. I have noticed that this is produced here and contains quite a lot of grain. The pet shop have just imported earthborn holistic primitive natural grain free food. It is slightly more expensive that the royal canin but seems a lot nicer ingredients.

Does any use this food? or does any one have any real opinion on this food.

Regards

Sam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 01:32 PM
Crowned Member

I think Robin uses it. I think the only issue would be the calcium level in the grain free food might be to high. Look at that and see what it is. Could the pet shop order in puppy food or an Earthborn food with a lower calcium level?
I would definitely switch to it when she's older!

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Banned

Outstanding dog food....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Master Member

Earthborn Holistic is a very good food, but the Primitive Natural formula is quite a bit higher in calcium than I'd be comfortable feeding to a GSD puppy (calcium level is min 2.45%). I would ask the shop if it would be possible to order either their 'Puppy Vantage' formula or some of their other grain free formulas ... The Coastal Catch, Great Plains Feast, and Meadow Feast all have much lower levels of calcium, albeit those are all lower in meat content. They would still be a better choice for your puppy. I'd hold off on feeding the Primitive Natural formula until your pup is at least a year old, even though it is probably their best formula when it comes to ingredient make up.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Crowned Member

I have been feeding it for about 3 years....for pups I have used their puppy formula.....or Fromm or Orijen puppy....

I know that many things are not readily available in Egypt and what you really want you might not be able to get!!!! A friend of mine had a house in Giza and went back and forth alot...and I got to visit there....used to shop for things like brown sugar, peppermint patties and certain teas to for them to take over for friends... so do the best you can on what you can get....if necessary, I might consider mixing the two foods...

there is one board member here who is up in Alexandria....she imported a pup from the Czech Republic

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page