TOTW voluntary recall... - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 200 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Crowned Member

I saw that article too Dooney's mom, that is pretty scary that it has gone on for several months.
Tainted Dog Food Sickens 14 People

Jane~
Kept by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 200 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Master Member

Ugh ... I have confirmed that the bag of Natural Balance Sweet Potato & Venison we are feeding is included in this recall. It is going back to the store tomorrow and I regret not going for the Acana grain free food.

We have been through **** and back with Jake (14 Weeks Old) with chronic diarrhea and he was finally doing well with us slowly transitioning him to this food. He's finally gaining weight again and I'm terrified another food change will set us back.

The problem is they produce so many brands of food ... It doesn't leave very many options.
post #23 of 200 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Master Member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 200 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Elite Member

UGH! I'm so frustrated! I have had Jackson on so many different foods and his coat is usually terrible and he has a hard time keeping weight on, but he does so, SO well on Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete....he's got about half a bag left. I think I'm going to go back to Whole Earth Farms. He did well on that as a pup. I need to find someting at a comparable price with comparable results......FRUSTRATED!!!

Laura

Jackson- DDR/WGSL 5/5/10
Tinah vom Gildaf- DDR 4/29/13
post #25 of 200 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Crowned Member

I have checked all the bags of Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete here....and none are from SC, or on the recall list. *the manu numbers do not match*.
None of the dogs have had any change in their health or eating habits......so I guess, I will take my chances right now.......but I will continue to keep a sharp eye out. *the dogs do very well on the extreme athlete*.

Huerta Hof German Shepherds

....where breeding is still considered an art....
post #26 of 200 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Master Member

Distributor States Canidae, Natural Balance, and one Wellness Product Recalled

Michael

post #27 of 200 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Knighted Member

Yeah.... I'm done. Diamond products will never be in this house again. I'm switching my dogs as fast as Z's stomach can handle it. This is sickening.. not only are dogs getting sick, but so are people... and they just let it stretch out for months!

If anyone in this house gets sick (humans or canine) I am contacting them with not so nice words... along with every bill we've had to pay for any care needed. Back to Acana or Orijen for us.... I can't trust any other companies anymore!! I'm SOOOO frustrated! I live with a SIBO dog.... I can't keep switching her around! What on earth am I going to do?!

Btw, the bags Duke and Z are on were probably recalled because the bag we have sitting next to our food container is from the same date and shipment.... it's recalled. I hope tomorrow the food store can give us back our money, and that's it.. no more Diamond for us. I just hope these guys are ok.

Alyssa
-Zira (01/09/11)
-Pakros von Jagenstadt "Duke" (01/06/10) -CGC
-Storm vom EnZ (05/16/12)
post #28 of 200 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 11:12 PM
Elite Member

My parents feed their dogs Kirkland dog food, it was at my suggestion because it's decent quality for the price. But I believe it's manufactured by Diamond. A week or two ago, two of their dogs had horrible diarrhea, I mean they went in circles around the kitchen and got it everywhere...it was NASTY. And then they had the runs again earlier in the week.
I can't help but wonder if that food is also tainted.

Djenga von Castra Regina RL2 BH HIC TT

PAM ARCH SG Kessy vom Waldwinkel 2xHGH Schh1 OB2 RL1X RL3 RN TT AD

Madina vom Arolser Holz BH AD CGC
post #29 of 200 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 11:12 PM

My dog eats Acana but my cat eats TOTW. Honestly it is the only non-cheapo brand I have found that he likes. He is 15 and has FVR- don't want to risk it we will have to find a new food. Luckily this recall did not affect our state. Hope everyone's pups are okay!
post #30 of 200 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 11:20 PM
DTS
Master Member

I'm currently switching from TOTW to Acana and i noticed the place that sold the food had different varieties of the kibble but no canned food. Is there any good quality canned food I can buy? Right now I switch between canned food, yogurt, cottage cheese, sweet potato, and sometimes boiled chicken and I'm looking to phase out all TOTW completely
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page