Picky Eater - Help! - Page 7 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 08:24 PM

I'm having this problem with my two month old. He isn't eating right now. I took him to the vet so maybe that's why. I'm not sure but I could use the help. I'm worried about his diet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 02:12 PM

Hi my 1 year old gsd refused the food we have been giving him since he was 8 weeks, which is nutro natural choice mixed with some raw ground beef. This is what the breeder told us to feed him. The vet tried to give us other food but he would get a diarrhea from it so we went back to what the breeder food. We have been giving him cooked rice mixed with boiled chicken breast but we have no idea how much to feed and also i know he is not getting all the nutrients. What should I do now and what other food can I give him. He has a sensitive tummy.
post #63 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-16-2015, 02:42 PM

Send a message via MSN to 2Kool4SkoolKiid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heissy View Post
Some good tips in here. My boy is 13 months old and has really become picky with his food. We used to feed him dry blue buffalo and mix it with some wet canned food 1-2 times a weeks. Never had a feeding problem doing this since we brought him home at 8 weeks. He slowly stopped eating any of the dry food unless it was mixed. We switched his dry food and he eat it just fine again for a few days. He seemed to love it but now he's back to not eating. He just got weighed yesterday and is 65lbs, he was 75 in December.

I guess I'll have to have him back on the wet food mix and I'll try the cheese on top to. The problem also is we took out his wet food cause it gave him soft stool and he needs a high fiber food because he has anal sack problems. He's gotten multiple sack infections and vet says his stool isn't emptying his sacks when he goes. This dog is driving me crazy!
I'm going though the same thing with my 8 month old female she's on "Fromm's" and her weight keeps going up and down from 64 lbs to 61 lbs, she won't even eat the dry food without the "Science Diet" can food mixed in with the Fromm's dry food, What are your thoughts about Switching the "Science Diet" With "Fromm's" Wet Dog food to mix in the dry food ?

Richard
Lula Bi-Color GSD 12/12/13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 10:40 PM

I have had my male Nyx for two weeks and the big brat refuses to eat ANYTHING at all. I have given him 4health lamb and rice he dumped it, same with the duck and potato and the large breed, tried retriever small bites and still dumped the bowl. He breaks out of crates and destroys my bedroom if left even for the half hour to take a shower and wash my hair. He absolutely refuses to eat. PLEASE DONT TELL ME TO JUST LEAVE HIS FOOD ALONE HE'LL EAT WHEN HE'S HUNGRY cause I know he won't. We have to drive across town just to walk him and people are always telling me I am starving him to death. ITS NOT MY FAULT THAT HE WONT EAT. My husband just told me a few minutes ago that I need to stop obsessing over him not eating because his "former owner has his mind all messed up". I'm worried to death that he is going to starve to death because he wont eat. Tried giving him cooked pork loin he even refused that. HELP!!!!!!
post #65 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 08:23 AM

I was also facing same issues with my 3 year old mikey,he remained restless throughout the day without eating anything,on one of my friends suggestion i started giving him ˝ tablet probiotics from a company named Ample Nutrition.Results turned out to be satisfactory and it also helped in the restlessness.You can visit them online at their website.
post #66 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 07:06 AM

Our GSD was also a heavy picky eater. at one time we thought we wouldnt make it. was barely earting. but he drank a lota water though. that was a good sign for us. anyway, yes, picky eater, it turns out, the deworming course he was on was no use. switched meds and he began eating in just few hours. give him the best meds always! mostly tablets and syrups.
post #67 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 09:34 PM

hello my landshark is not eatting!! Maggie is 9 weeks old. she was 16lbs 10oz at her vet visit and 17 lbs when i weighted her. i have trird blue buffalo canned and dry with no luck. she will take a fee more bites of puppy chow. 3 stores i have looked for diamond puppy diamond with no luck scares me because it says do not feed this to nursing mothers or preg dogs. Maggies ears are up. she just eaTs slow or picks at her food. i cant take it up for fear of starving her. Any suggestions? tx
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180426_152935_1525397685108.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	498233  

Last edited by chevyfreese; 05-03-2018 at 10:17 PM.
post #68 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 11:48 PM

I believe Pet Supplies Plus carries the diamond puppy food. If you are located in the US.
post #69 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 11:19 AM

I am having this issue with my eight month old female--stopped eating all her favorites including chicken breast. Will only eat ground beef and broth. Was on Taste of the Wild pacific salmon when she came from the breeder and we transitioned her to Fromm's large breed puppy. In am gave her Spots Farm human grade chicken mixed with broth with her grain, evening real chicken with grain. No problem. A month ago, she started to whine and cry, and backed off from eating. We have tried canned food-Victor, Fromm, Science Diet. Vet x-rayed and said all related to her going into heat. Never heard of this. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page