Why bother to 'socialize' and I want photos/videos of puppies/dogs..... - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 98 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Knighted Member

Re: I want photos of puppies being socialized.....

Jesse for the first time this weekend at Wasaga Beach, Ontario, Canada, playing in the Georgian Bay Lake.

Lauralie
Jesse male GSD (Born November 6, 2007) and 3 cats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Jesse's photos from 8 weeks to present and videos too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 98 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Elite Member

I didn't get pictures of this but we were up north this last weekend (13 of us in all so lots of attention there for the puppy) and some of us went to a local firework display at the harbor. I knew kessler and Ellie weren't bothered by fireworks and Koda didn't care either. He was happy to get attention from people passing by and looked up to watch some of the fireworks but the noise didn't bother him at all.

Mum to:

Ellie, GSD -CD GN RE CGC
Koda, GSD -TD CD RN HIC CGC
Zena, GSD, the shelter dog
Snacks, the shelter cat.

Traverse & Kessler

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went - Will Rogers
post #23 of 98 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Crowned Member

Non-GSD - here's Flirt, my Gordon Setter, 18 weeks old at Lake Michigan in Racine, WI. We started the day at an agility trial with Kayto in Milwaukee where, in addition to walking around and meeting people and dogs and watching the trial, she was crated next to the parking lot in a park. Then to Racine for a walk around the harbor, meeting a wide variety of people and a teeny Shih Tzu. Walked across some narrow wooden piers right on the water. Then we stopped for a drink at an outdoor dog-friendly bar on the lake. Finally a quick dip in the lake for the girls before heading home. I was thrilled with Flirt's reaction when a car, dragging a string of beer cans, drove right by us . She wasn't the slight bit rattled and instead thought it was really cool and wanted to chase it. I wish I had brought the camera, but only got a few shots with the cell phone.

Sandy

RATCHX2 SG Wisp von Schneiden Fels BH NW1 RA OAP OAJ SWN CZ8B CAA CGCA TKN TC HIC
SG Chase vom Mittelwest II BH
SG Flame von Nummer-Eins CA TKN HIC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 98 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

agilegsds, ANY breed is welcome! All to get us to think 'out of the box' on where we can bring our dogs, or things we can do to challenge them!

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
post #25 of 98 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Elite Member

We try to take Chevy wherever dogs are allowed. He loves to go to car shows, walks, the stores, etc. I'm hoping Shya will be the same way! Here are a few photos from one of our more recent adventures with Chevy:
At the end of June, the Animal Planet Expo came to my city. I took my daughter and Chevy up there, the rest of the family had other plans and Shya stayed home since she was still very young and I didn't want to take any chances. It was a lot of fun, lots of demos, frisbee dog show, games and activites for kids, etc. We saw only one other German Shepherd there! Chevy got lots of attention from everyone which he loved. There was one unruly child who kept running up and practically jumping on him while the parent just stood there . And one parent who told their child they couldn't pet Chevy "Because that is a German Shepherd and they bite!" But otherwise it was great. So here are a few photos...it was hard handling the leash and taking pics!

The Expo entrance:

My daughter went in the moonwalk and Chevy was sure to keep his eye on her the entire time:

My daughter and Chevy:

Taking a break from all the excitement:

My daughter (and her huge goodie bag) joins Chevy in taking a break:

GSD's Chevy, Shya, & Leilah

R.I.P. Bear Bear (Chow) and sweet lil Kenji (GSD)

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
post #26 of 98 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Knighted Member

Here is Jesse again - we went to Chingousy Park Petting Zoo and met some farm animals. Here are the photos of Jesse with goat and pig, he also met chickens, ponies, mule, peacocks and rabbits.

Lauralie

post #27 of 98 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Knighted Member

Here is Jesse again, he is standing beside extended family dog Mindy at the Bad Lands in Ontario, Canada (first time for him and us).

Lauralie

post #28 of 98 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Knighted Member

Lancer chillin at his first social outing.

Didn't get any pics of him interacting with the other dogs (I was watching him a bit more then since this was his first outing) but here is another "newbie" sheltie playing.

Samuel

Lancer 05/01/08
Tory 09/19/14

Kayla (RIP) 02/12/05-09/22/14
post #29 of 98 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Knighted Member

These are all limited to what is already on photobucket.

Pancho

Flash

Lots of noise coming from these strange tools Dad is using and Flash isn't scared at all!

Flash tours the Texas A&M campus during a football weekend.

And he parties before and after the game at The Chicken.

The German Shepherd's faults are faults of education not nature, for if someone worked with him he would be blissfully happy and most obedient of all dogs. - Max von Stephanitz
post #30 of 98 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Knighted Member

Jesse at 9 months on his very first camping trip and boat ride and visiting Flower Pot Island in Tobermory, Ontario, Canada

Jesse on picnic table
URL=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2549358400102936486CMYQFz][/URL]

Jesse relaxing right after we first set up - very comfortable in the pop up trailer

Jesse at his first campfire

Jesse with his life jacket on getting ready for first boat trip.

Jesse on the Zodiac Boat waiting for rest of passengers to load and get going.

Jesse on the Zodiac Boat on the way to Flower Pot Island on August 14, 2008

Jesse climbing very long stair case up to caves in cliff on Flower Pot Island

Jesse standing on rocks by water edge waiting on waves to come in.

Lauralie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page