Pup Growth Log/Chart - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 272 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 08:57 AM
Elite Member

Re: Pup Growth Log/Chart

I have been keeping track using the chart. I know all dogs are different but it is interesting to see where Shayla fits. Last month - 4 months - she was spot on at 36.8 lbs. Now at 5 months she is just passed - 47.7 lbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 272 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

I wonder how many people have downloaded this spreadsheet? Would it be worth the time to write a small program to do the same thing? Something easier to use and not require a program like Excel to use it? A couple of lines where you can enter your dogs name, birth date, weights and the date etc.

Jon.

Come visit us on the web!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 272 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Crowned Member

I have the spreadsheet and will use it with my next pup. I like Excel.

Dante - March 2004
Kaos von Wolfstraum Oct 2011

"Today is tomorrow's time machine" ~ Dr G ~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 272 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 03:21 AM

Just wanted to say thank you we've downloaded this and have started using it on Clouseau. Since he's our first shepherd this is a really useful guide. He's a little under the average at the moment, but as long he he stays on a similar curve we know he'll be fine.

Carpe Diem
post #35 of 272 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Master Member

Send a message via Yahoo to denwil2007

I love this spreadsheet!~!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

for show and performance
Sabian's Hot Pursuit v Southwind CGC --Chase
Bleibtreu's Ransom of Coda CGC --Chopper
T-Ho's BoclayBee-lieve in Me of Sabian-Cheetah
post #36 of 272 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Knighted Member

How are you all counting months? 4 weeks=1 month or an actual month (as in May 11 to June 11=1 month)? Flash is 12 weeks and now 20.4 pounds which puts him considerably below the curve. That's fine by me, I like slow and steady, but I know if I waited until the 11th (3 months old by actual months) he would be closer to the standard.

The German Shepherd's faults are faults of education not nature, for if someone worked with him he would be blissfully happy and most obedient of all dogs. - Max von Stephanitz
post #37 of 272 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 04:07 PM
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

jesusica, too funny... when I was tracking my puppies growth I was confused about the same 'what is a month?'.

I used whatever way made my puppy more normal .

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
post #38 of 272 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Knighted Member

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking I'll do too. In ten days he gained exactly 3 pounds so I know in eight more days he will have gained quite a bit more weight but will still be pretty far below the growth chart (chart says 31.3 and like I said he's only 20.4). He's growing like a weed, though, and I can't imagine him being 10 pounds heavier than he is at this age!

The German Shepherd's faults are faults of education not nature, for if someone worked with him he would be blissfully happy and most obedient of all dogs. - Max von Stephanitz
post #39 of 272 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Jesusica, the spreadsheet is using the default Microsoft formula to calculate the year, month and days. A month is a "calendar" month. For example, Zeus was born on 9/6/2006. He was one month old on 10/6/2006 etc. The formula does not actually count the days and weeks that pass.

Jon.

Come visit us on the web!

post #40 of 272 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: jesusicaYeah, that's what I'm thinking I'll do too. In ten days he gained exactly 3 pounds so I know in eight more days he will have gained quite a bit more weight but will still be pretty far below the growth chart (chart says 31.3 and like I said he's only 20.4). He's growing like a weed, though, and I can't imagine him being 10 pounds heavier than he is at this age!
You know, don't worry about that. My pup has always been a little on the small side... was always about 10 lbs. under what the chart said. And slowly she's caught up. At 11 months she weighs 59 lbs, which is 4 lbs. under what the chart says. I expect her to be about 65 lbs by the time she's full grown, which is about what her breeder and I had discussed.

The important thing is that he is growing and developing steadily, and that he isn't heavier than he's supposed to, for orthopedic reasons. Trying to 'match' the chart is not worth stressing over

<Insert witty sig>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page