How heavy was/is your GSD at 6months - Page 40 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #391 of 499 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 02:14 PM

Chief is 6 1/2 months and 54.6 lbs.. He will turn 7 months July 4th. He will be on the small side I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 499 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 05:45 PM

My girl was about 40 lbs at 6 months. She's 1 now and is only about 50 lbs, and that's being generous.

A person who has never owned a dog, has missed a wonderful part of life.
post #393 of 499 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 04:48 PM
Elite Member

My girl is 7 months old and 70#. her mother is average sized & the father is very large.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #394 of 499 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 06:48 PM

Leo went from 48lbs. at his 5 1/2 month check up to 59 (I say 60 lbs) when he was microchipped this past week (7 months on Dec. 22)...and we thought he would be on the lean side but he continues to grow :-)

(he does have a pinch of collie in him along the old history lines)

Tina/Mama

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leo~5/22/14~ GSD Love of my Life pup
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shane, 2001-2017, Gentle-Soul, Black GSD,

Jake, 2000-2013, Rhodesian Ridgeback (soul-mate pup)

Mike, 2008-2014, GSD, Gentle Giant
post #395 of 499 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 06:53 PM

Worried about my pup

My puppy, Hyperion, is a male nearly 7 months and only 35 lbs. He gets exercise, fed roughly 2+ cups of Iams ProActive Health Smart for Large Breed puppies (plus a mix of a salmon/rice food because he has bad dandruff and it has done wonders).

Regardless, he gains an average of 4lbs per two weeks. Friends/family don't think he looks small, but the vet technician asked if I expect him to get over 50 (more in a condescending manner than anything).

Now the breeder did tell me he was underdeveloped, so I knew he would be a smaller male to begin with. He has had a few bumps along the way (ear infection, skin issues, etc.), but I feel like he might be too underdeveloped. He is always happy and playful, running around, has a good temperament, even talks back to me and can pull stuff off my counters (he is very long, just skinny I think). It was discussed, as she has been in the business for 20 years and I did my research prior to the purchase/adoption, that he should get a good spurt about a month in from owning him (I got him at 3 months), which he did, and end up at about 85-90lbs. But at nearly 7 months I feel like he might miss that mark.

Any suggestions would be great. He has a follow up appointment for his ear infection at the vet in two weeks, which they weigh him every visit.
post #396 of 499 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 07:01 PM
Crowned Member

Fritz was 65+lbs at 6 months..his butt was not quite in the scale...

JDKerner, didn't anyone tell you good things come in small packages? . I wouldn't fret, your dog may surprise you one day. My boy WAS the runt of the litter, he was 1/2 the size of his sister, he was given an extra bottle at night. The breeder came for a visit, he is larger than his sister!

"There is a lot to be thankful for if you take the time to look. Example.. I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt!". Author Unknown

Enjoy
post #397 of 499 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debanneball View Post
Fritz was 65+lbs at 6 months..his butt was not quite in the scale...

JDKerner, didn't anyone tell you good things come in small packages? . I wouldn't fret, your dog may surprise you one day. My boy WAS the runt of the litter, he was 1/2 the size of his sister, he was given an extra bottle at night. The breeder came for a visit, he is larger than his sister!

Oh I hope so. I knew what I was getting into when I picked him, he was also 1/2 if not smaller than any of his siblings, but I when the vets start saying stuff about his weight it make me paranoid!
post #398 of 499 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 07:09 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkerner View Post
Oh I hope so. I knew what I was getting into when I picked him, he was also 1/2 if not smaller than any of his siblings, but I when the vets start saying stuff about his weight it make me paranoid!
No matter what anyone says about your dog, you are going to love him and do the best you can for him! Sometimes people have bad days, say mean things..then think about it, but its too late to take back. Don't fret! Post a picture, lets see the handsome boy!

"There is a lot to be thankful for if you take the time to look. Example.. I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt!". Author Unknown

Enjoy
post #399 of 499 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 07:12 PM
Crowned Member

6 months...she was 12 stones....

SuperG
post #400 of 499 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperG View Post
6 months...she was 12 stones....

SuperG
Got to google 'online conversion weight..stones to pounds'.

Enjoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page